: Escalades bottom of cadillac food chain???

Braknglases07
07-13-10, 07:20 PM
I don't understand but they cars seem to be so much nicer. I have an 09 ext, and its a nice truck but there is nothing impressive about it. I mean for $72,000 you would think they would step it up and put a lot more useful features, My friend has an 07 cts and like the new vetts they have push button start, does anyone know why the escalades at least don't have that? just little things like that irritate me, i mean i love to truck but we need some serious improvements when the new body style comes out

Braknglases07
07-13-10, 08:28 PM
They also really need to get rid of the Bose sound system its just weak! Harmon Kardon would be so much nicer

SouthernCaddy
07-13-10, 09:56 PM
I like mine just fine. It is a truck not a car!

kars79
07-13-10, 10:46 PM
You maybe right on some things but you have to consider this truck is in 5th year out there so its normal that its aging.
Im sure next one coming out in 2012 will be really impressive.
I think they are going to put 5.5 V8 440hp under the hood.
For the sound system, i think Harmon Kardon is horrible for what you pay for.
I had a chance to try them with buddy of mine in Bmw 5 series and Range Rover and thought it was pretty bad.

AeroG
07-13-10, 11:35 PM
I don't understand but they cars seem to be so much nicer. I have an 09 ext, and its a nice truck but there is nothing impressive about it. I mean for $72,000 you would think they would step it up and put a lot more useful features, My friend has an 07 cts and like the new vetts they have push button start, does anyone know why the escalades at least don't have that? just little things like that irritate me, i mean i love to truck but we need some serious improvements when the new body style comes out

I feel you 100% one of the reasons I just traded my 07 for an 11 QX56. Don't get me wrong I loved my Slade but felt that the technology could have been upgraded for 10, jury is out on what the 11 Escalade will be like. Im glad they added blue tooth and blind spot functionality, but whats up with the hard drive navigation and music storage, bring back the rain sense wipers, and front console seat controls for folding the second row, perhaps even the third. I still think the Slade has the leanest body lines out there, but the inside of my 56 is even kicking the platinum edition in the ass.

I still have an 04 deville,I'm just waiting on the CTS-V coupe to hit, and I'll have another current model Caddy in the stable.

Big Windy Ext
07-14-10, 05:56 AM
They have eliminated what I thought were useful features , they are supposed to be adding features . Adaptive cruise is the first one I can think of , dumping rainsense wipers is a step backward . How about massaging seats , a mirrored sunroof ? They are going to have to stimulate me with something or why bother buying a new one , just drive it till it becomes a repair nuisance. Even Taurus has more content !

Braknglases07
07-14-10, 08:26 AM
I love my truck don't get me wrong, but at least get push button start i mean a 40k car has it and i pay 72k come on it doesn't cost that much. About the harmon Kardon. I haven't heard them just heard a lot of people say good things. So they aren't very impressive? they really need to do something about the audio system. Definitely dump bose... Bose speakers are hyped up to much,

hcvone
07-14-10, 08:29 AM
Don't know what the big push is for push button start, most of my cars have that, and to tell you the truth I would rather have a key, but then again I am old. As many know I have had many Escalade's since 2007, and my 2010's (yea I now have two) are by far the best yet, are they perfect? Hell no, but what is. I like driving my Escalade's far better than my 2010 range rover, the RR has much more happening on the inside, it's just not as much fun to drive, and in the real deep snow where we live the Escalade's do the best job for what I use a truck for. ;)

ewill3rd
07-14-10, 09:16 AM
Certain things will be changed and some things won't be changed until a platform overhaul.
Typical of GM and a lot of other carmakers.

Going from a key to a pushbutton is a major change, that won't be integrated into an existing platform until major changes take place.
It would require restructuring a lot of hardware in the vehicle and they won't stop a production run, retool, and then restart for a change like that.
If there is a new iteration of Escalade, it will probably see some radical changes.
Until then, it is what it is.

kars79
07-14-10, 01:46 PM
I love my truck don't get me wrong, but at least get push button start i mean a 40k car has it and i pay 72k come on it doesn't cost that much. About the harmon Kardon. I haven't heard them just heard a lot of people say good things. So they aren't very impressive? they really need to do something about the audio system. Definitely dump bose... Bose speakers are hyped up to much,

I had a 08 G35 couple years ago and i didnt like the keyless system at all but its a personal choice.
i heard good things about Harmon kardon too and wanted to see how good they are so went to check on it with friend of mine (he have a 08 escalade) but big disappointment it is pretty bad.
He didnt like it either.
Maybe there is something wrong with ur unit.
Put it in surround mode and bose is really good.
its not the strongest out there as its 250 watt.