: Is it just me?

dnl18
07-13-10, 12:51 PM
Is it just me or are there others who think the same way as I do? Case in point...The first thing that I did when I got my new 2010 red performance SRX home was to first remove the back license plate holder which had the name of the dealer on it and put the plate back on sans the holder. Then I carefully peeled off the sticker which was on the bottom of the lift gate that also had the dealers name and logo on it. Threw both in the garbage. But...I will gladly advertise for them for lets say..$9.99 a month. Or should I charge more?

rtsittner
07-13-10, 01:19 PM
I'm with you. Even though I like my dealer. I don't want that stuff on my car...

Randy

embassy
07-13-10, 02:51 PM
I drove home from the dealer, parked in front of the house, got out the screwdriver, removed the dealer frame and then the sticker. My wife was wanting to know why it had to be done right away. "Because I am not advertising for those guys for free" was my reply. I absolutely detest the sticker and the plate frame. She told me that almost all the vehicles that she saw had those on the car. My reply was that was why I bought an SRX because I didn't want to be like everyone else.

This might seem like a silly thread, but thanks guys - glad to hear that I am no the only one.

I think that it was the captain on here that had a picture of a chrome frame with SRX on it. Anyone know where to get one like that.

sube5186
07-13-10, 03:08 PM
I've always felt the exact same way about giving them free advertisement. I made sure they never put the name plate on the rear liftgate and planned on telling them the same about the license plate frame. I'd never had either on any previous vehicles for the same reason. However, these folks were all so nice, I decided to take the frame. The owner of the dealership gave me a personal tour of the whole dealership and introduced me to every employee. They made me feel more like I was joining a family than buying a car. If ever I'm not satisfied with any service, off comes the frame.

Here are some frames to choose from:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Motors-/6000/i.html?_nkw=cadillac+srx+license+frame&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_rdc=1

Sube

algiorda
07-13-10, 03:31 PM
thankfully, my dealer did not include any other signage on my vehicle other than the license plate frame.

I'm waiting to purchase one of those slick SRX Cadillac frames Sub has included a link for.

On my last auto, I was ecstatic with the Dealer service and sales dept and thus I didnt mind the signage.

larryk
07-13-10, 04:22 PM
You are not alone, one of the first things I did was to remove those...

coachk
07-13-10, 04:51 PM
As much as I like the service I receive my auto dealer, Mastria Motors in Raynham, MA, I will not do free advertising for them. I too removed the decal. Never got a license plate frame.

DarrinMI
07-13-10, 05:00 PM
After 4 vehicles with the same salesperson he knows no dealer stickers on the car. I have not had to say anything about it since the first SUV. I do use the license plate frame, but two screws can take that off if our good relationship changes.

brk
07-13-10, 05:10 PM
When I buy a new car I just tell the dealer not to put stickers/etc. on it. No problems, and no hassles.

TheCaptain
07-13-10, 10:22 PM

I think that it was the captain on here that had a picture of a chrome frame with SRX on it. Anyone know where to get one like that.

Yep, that solidly chrome unit is the best quality plate frame i have ever seen. I got it from our friendly neighborhood vendor on here, Auto Pride.

I also asked my salesman for no stickers or frame. He remembered. :D

PJ1520
07-14-10, 12:56 AM
I've never had a problem, new or used. The dealer has always complied with the request: "NO STICKERS." Why stay silent and then have to remove the sticker yourself? I take the license dealer plate frame and swap it out later.

Nichelle
07-14-10, 01:44 AM
I never made the request of "no stickers", etc. But the dealer didn't add any stickers or give me any plate frames with their logo.

The more I read of others' experiences, the more I love my dealer. I'm starting to WANT to advertise for them!

Morrie's Cadillac and Saab - Golden Valley, MN

If you're in the Twin Cities, check them out!

Tolron
07-14-10, 12:30 PM
I told salesman "no ads" when I ordered my SRX and he took care of it.

Good story (which I believe is true since it was told by the MB salesman who it happened to).: Wealthy customer ordered new MB coupe. Big bucks. When it came in and he went to claim his new ride, the dealer had put a sticker on it. He told them to remove it so salesman called cleanup guy. It was Saturday and regular guy wasn't there, just a car wash kid. He came and got the car, took a razor blade, and removed the sticker along with the paint. Ooops!

Ponyman
07-14-10, 01:35 PM
No license plate frame on mine, but Itook the Cadillac logo chrome one from my CTS and used it on the
SRX. Unfortunately they had already installed the front license bracket. I am from Oklahoma and don't need it, but I bought the car in Texas and they routinely put them on all the cars, so I bought a chrome license plate with the gold Cadillac emblem to dress it up a little. The dealer did put a substantial chrome logo on the rrear hatch. I heated it a little with a heat gun, then took a piece od dental floss and broke the seal loose from the paint, and then removed the leftover glue with tar and wax remover.

davdat
07-15-10, 03:33 AM
I removed mine first thing as well and installed a real nice chrome one that says Harley Davidson on it... LOL and I'm dead serious...LOL
My dealer knew not to place any sticky things on my SRX... Just the shinny black paint and the bright chrome to match the shinny black paint and chrome on my Harley Street Glide. I'm going to have some custom painting done to have some graphics to match each of them.

iamq
07-15-10, 10:00 AM
Here's what I did.. son says its tacky but its my advertising not the dealers...hahah

cbeeches
07-25-10, 10:44 PM
I told the dealer to transfer my U.C. Bearcat frame on the rear plate. They did. They asked first about the front frame which I OK'd. I did not see a big deal about it.

Cad96k
07-27-10, 02:20 PM
Too funny. Didn't get a license plate frame at all. Actually thought of putting my old Toyota Corolla frame around the plate in protest.

I'm asking around to find out how I can safely peel off the dealer advertising badge (not a label, but actually a chromed badge).

Ponyman
07-27-10, 03:02 PM
Too funny. Didn't get a license plate frame at all. Actually thought of putting my old Toyota Corolla frame around the plate in protest.

I'm asking around to find out how I can safely peel off the dealer advertising badge (not a label, but actually a chromed badge).

Take a hair dryer and heat the chrome badge up a little, or if it is as hot in your locale as it is here in Oklahoma skip this step. Then take a long piece of dental floss, and work it under the chrome badge from one end to the other, breaking the foam tape seal. After this, a little tar and wax remover will remove the left over foam tape from your paint. This worked great for me.

magnumforc
01-20-11, 07:22 PM
My dad refused a vehicle because the dealer put an ad decal on it. When the dealer tried to take the decal off, there went the paint (like the previously mentioned Merz). But Dad wasn't allowing his factory painted car to be repainted by some dealer's body shop and insisted on a new car since he wsn't taking delivery of that one. He did get a new car but had to wait another ten weeks for it. And no, they didn't repaint the same car because he wrote down the VIN. A tenacious guy he was.

I take the plate frames off immediately. If they want to advertise, give me something. Free trunk liner, all weather mats, free maintenance, whatever. I don't get free advertising for my business so why should they?

stevec5375
01-20-11, 07:36 PM
My dad refused a vehicle because the dealer put an ad decal on it. When the dealer tried to take the decal off, there went the paint (like the previously mentioned Merz). But Dad wasn't allowing his factory painted car to be repainted by some dealer's body shop and insisted on a new car since he wsn't taking delivery of that one. He did get a new car but had to wait another ten weeks for it. And no, they didn't repaint the same car because he wrote down the VIN. A tenacious guy he was.

I take the plate frames off immediately. If they want to advertise, give me something. Free trunk liner, all weather mats, free maintenance, whatever. I don't get free advertising for my business so why should they?

Bravo for you! I feel exactly the same way. In fact, I've told dealers that if I show up to get my new car and it's got ad material on it, I'll refuse delivery. It only happened once and they were able to get it off w/o messing up anything. I agree with you that if they want to advertise, they should be paying US for it.