: Removing Headlight - Need to change HID bulb

IgotGAME
07-13-10, 09:23 AM
Does anyone have a link to how to remove the headlight? The one in the joey mod thread isn't working.

I've been debating on changing my HID bulbs and I get up this morning and one of my HID's is burnt out so now I pretty much have to change it.

Or if someone has instructions on how to change the HID bulb without removing the headlight that would be even better.

I just don't want to screw anything up when changing it as I have never changed an HID bulb.

ESCALADE132
07-13-10, 01:53 PM
is it out of warranty?

IgotGAME
07-13-10, 03:36 PM
is it out of warranty?

Yes

I had already ordered new HID's to put in it. Now I just need to know how to remove the headlight or if someone has an easier way of changing the HID bulbs that I don't know about. Like I said, I've never changed the HID bulbs, but I have changed every other light in the truck to LED.

Any advice would be appreciated for those who have changed their HID bulbs.

roccos_van
07-13-10, 03:40 PM
This is for a GMT900 Tahoe, it's the exact same procedure for an escalade. I did it this way on mine.

http://mongoranger.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?29

IgotGAME
07-13-10, 04:06 PM
This is for a GMT900 Tahoe, it's the exact same procedure for an escalade. I did it this way on mine.

http://mongoranger.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?29

Thanks roccos.

Do you necessarily have to take all those bolts out? I've taken just the 2 top bolts loose and can pull my headlight out a good ways..almost to where if the bottom bolt wasn't tight it would come right out.

Are the HID's just plug and play? they appear to be. I ended up getting the D1S 6k's from VLEDs.

roccos_van
07-13-10, 06:25 PM
Take out the whole head light assemble, it's only a few more screws and clips. It's super easy and you save the risk of causing any damage. Yes, the lights are plug and play.

jt321
07-13-10, 06:51 PM
Theres 2 bolts on top of the headlight, then you take the front part of the fender liner out reach up in there take the other bolt out. Then you kind of have to wiggle it out be careful not to break any clips.

IgotGAME
07-15-10, 10:53 AM
Theres 2 bolts on top of the headlight, then you take the front part of the fender liner out reach up in there take the other bolt out. Then you kind of have to wiggle it out be careful not to break any clips.

So you can remove just those 3 primary bolts that hold the headlight in and wiggle it out? I know you have to remove the few bolts holding the fender liner in to get to the 3rd primary bolt.

jt321
07-15-10, 02:48 PM
Yea, the 3 bolts are the only bolts holding the headlight in. Just remove part of the liner to access the 3rd bolt on bottom. Once u get all 3 out you can kind of see what im talking about.

IgotGAME
07-16-10, 12:55 AM
Anyone have the part # for a replacement headlight?

I found out yesterday that water has gotten in my headlight which is why the HID quit working. The HID bulb is still good, but the water has messed something up on the passenger HID. Could leaving it in the sun and drying it out real good maybe help? If not, where is the best place to get a replacement headlight?

LeftLane
07-16-10, 01:42 AM
ebay.if the bulb is good you might have cooked the ballast.check your fuses also.