: 08-09 rear bumper on 05-07, anyone know yet???

Jmac572
07-12-10, 11:22 PM
Ive searched through everything and cant find a for sure answer on if an 08-09 rear bumper will fit on a 05 STS... I have a chance to get a reallllly cheap brand new 09 rear bumper overstocked from GM already painted Black Raven ready to install and I cant stand the gray plastic piece (and its not too much better painted either IMO) Thanks guys!

next2pool
07-12-10, 11:58 PM
Ive searched through everything and cant find a for sure answer on if an 08-09 rear bumper will fit on a 05 STS... I have a chance to get a reallllly cheap brand new 09 rear bumper overstocked from GM already painted Black Raven ready to install and I cant stand the gray plastic piece (and its not too much better painted either IMO) Thanks guys!

I know a few people have done this with very minor issues. One of our banned members KSTS described his install. maybe you can search under his name.

Jmac572
07-13-10, 02:56 PM
I tried to find his install, couldnt find the thread, I did see that he wanted to install a V bumper though... anyone?

next2pool
07-13-10, 10:18 PM
I tried to find his install, couldnt find the thread, I did see that he wanted to install a V bumper though... anyone?

Actually his name was K STS with a space--not sure if that made a difference in the search. I'm 90% sure I have seen that conversion on here and I vaguely remember a slight clearance issue to the exhaust tips. GM changed virtually nothing on the STS as far as fenders, hoods, quarter panels, trunk lids and bracketry (other than fog lamps). I would dive into it while you can get it already in the right color.

Jmac572
07-14-10, 10:28 PM
Ok, so ive done a little research and it looks like the bumper will bolt right on with no issues, but as already mentioned, the exhaust tips are a few inches further up than the '08+ models.... any ideas on how to deal with that???

I was looking a little further into it and I didnt even realize before that the rocker trim on the '08+ is a little more beefy and my '05 rockers wouldnt meet up perfectly with the '08 bumper (sorry new to this gen of STS as I kind of fell into it after my '07 yukon denali shit the bed on me and I was forced to trade for another car, although im VERY pleased with this car and i knocked my debt in half so it was a win - win.... lol, sorry rant off :) any insight on that? Thanks guys as i get my new-gen STS cherry popped

sanfran001
08-01-10, 07:26 PM
i have an 06 cadillac sts and yes it does fit. i have an 09 rear bumper