: GMBuypower - "In Inventory"?

rayainsw
09-03-04, 12:55 PM
After talking with a dealer not too far away (but not the closest to me) that GMBuypower showed as having a V8 1SF - it turns out they have not even seen this vehicle yet.

So:
[My dumb question of the day]
What does showing "In Inventory" on GMBuypower really mean?

Thanks,
- Ray
Trying to use the tools GM has provided for potential customers . . .

c5 rv
09-03-04, 05:47 PM
When I bought my CTS, I found the car I wanted at Capitol Cadillac in Lansing on gmbuypower and had my local dealer call to make a trade. They said they didn't have the car. The car kept showing up on gmbuypower, so I stopped at Capitol since it was near work. The sales rep said they didn't have the car - must have sold it. Then he suggested we take a ride in the golf cart "out back". Lo and behold, there are all of the CTSs that were on gmbuypower that the dealer hadn't checked into their inventory yet.

miscreant
09-03-04, 06:44 PM
After talking with a dealer not too far away (but not the closest to me) that GMBuypower showed as having a V8 1SF - it turns out they have not even seen this vehicle yet.

So:
[My dumb question of the day]
What does showing "In Inventory" on GMBuypower really mean?

Thanks,
- Ray
Trying to use the tools GM has provided for potential customers . . .
Once a vehicle is invoiced to a dealer (before it even ships), it is loaded into that dealers inventory. The STSs are shipping slow, so they are showing in inventory bu not there yet.