: XM is unbelievable. I hope you never plan to cancel.

Avenger9
07-12-10, 09:49 PM
Seriously. Unbelievable. I'll try to give a condensed version of our issues...

Trial period ends in early April: I let the trial service end and call a week later to try to get the $77 deal. Finally got an agent who took me up on it, but then at the VERY end (after I gave her all my info, including CC) wanted to add all the taxes/fees/royalty....bringing to total to $105. I balked - said NO THANK YOU, I DO NOT WANT IT.

A few weeks later: I get an invoice for $105! We're definitely not getting service, don't want service for $105, so we ignore it.

Another few weeks pass: Another invoice, $105. Again, we're not getting service. We said we didn't want service. Why should I worry about it - they're billing me for a service I'm not receiving.

Mid-June: I guess they decide to break it down for us - now they make an adjustment/credit to the $105 invoice that brings it down to $28 for service from April to June. Ok now I call and say "what the heck is going on?!" Explain that I never agreed to service in the first place because it was more than I anticipated, nor were we actually receiving service - so please ZERO my balance. After some back and forth, she agrees. I ask for a hard copy to be sent to reflect the zero balance - OK, I'll send that, she says.

Today: A new invoice, this time for $30.24 (they added another $2 invoice fee!). Coincidentally also today, we have a VM message from a collections agency - guess what it's in regards to?!? XM! Unbelievable. Wife calls, explains the situation to a rep, to which he responds "No we don't have any note in the system of a call to report no service or to cancel." Time to escalate. Finally reaches a supervisor, explains the entire situation, and gets hung up on. Oh boy. She's persistent, calls back, finally reaches another supervisor and explains it again. Now supposedly, they will zero the account and retract the collections. But we're not holding our breath - based on the hundreds of similar complaints I just found with a quick Google search.

This is crazy. I actually can't believe they didn't use the CC # I gave them to charge me anyways. But as the XM thread suggests, don't give it to them....make them bill you. Because based on all the complaints I found with a quick search, they have no qualms with charging your card for whatever they want.

I'll update this thread when we're sure it's been resolved, but for now I just felt the need to vent. Thanks for reading and I hope you've prepared yourself to be an XM customer for LIFE! :)

TheCaptain
07-12-10, 11:40 PM
I am. :D

stevec5375
07-13-10, 08:56 AM
When I signed up for XM, I used a Discover Card "Secure Account Number". All I had to do was call Discover and have them cancel the account number after my initial charge went through and now the number I gave them is no longer valid.

DarrinMI
07-13-10, 02:49 PM
Stevec isn't it sad that you have to go to the bother of getting a number and cancelling an account number when dealing with a business. I like their service, but refuse to do business with them because they are crooks. My last dealings with them involved a return of a lease vehicle. 2 years and 9 months of the lease I had no XM service. Turned the vehicle in and got the SRX. 4 months down the road I get a bill for service in the old car. Obviously the new owners had it connected, but XM billed me. 3 phone calls, transfered to "supervisors" disconnected calls the whole works to straighten that mess out. At least I think it is straightened out, the collection agency may be calling tomorrow.

stevec5375
07-13-10, 07:11 PM
Stevec isn't it sad that you have to go to the bother of getting a number and cancelling an account number when dealing with a business. I like their service, but refuse to do business with them because they are crooks. My last dealings with them involved a return of a lease vehicle. 2 years and 9 months of the lease I had no XM service. Turned the vehicle in and got the SRX. 4 months down the road I get a bill for service in the old car. Obviously the new owners had it connected, but XM billed me. 3 phone calls, transfered to "supervisors" disconnected calls the whole works to straighten that mess out. At least I think it is straightened out, the collection agency may be calling tomorrow.

The Secure Account Number was easy to cancel. It does not cancel your real card number--only the secure number which is tied to you actual real number.

Check out your credit card company's web site. MasterCard and Discover Card both have this feature. You basically generate a new "Secure Account Number" when you charge online and give that number to the vendor. When you need to cancel the number you just call up the Credit Card company and have the virtual number cancelled.