: New to the Escalade

Dobiesdaddy
07-12-10, 08:27 PM
Hi there!

We just received a '07 with 4,099 on the odo and LOVE IT!!!
My wife and I in our spare time show our Doberman girl. We also have a boy Dobe, he's a pet. They always ride with us.

I have several questions...

Any hitchbox recommendations?

I noticed on the back interior sides of the cargo compartment where their are cutouts that may have been used for some versions of our ride. Has anyone tried to cut these out and use them as storage? Or is there a good aftermarket company that makes these panels into something that's OEM looking?

Any folding dog ramp recommendations?

When the third row is removed and the second row is folded forward what are you using to accommodate pets/storage? I saw a deck device for GM trucks and was curious if there is anything like that for the Lade?

Lastly, since we have 2 years left on our warranty from GM should we be concerned and get an extended warranty and if so which is the best? We have had several GM SUV's in a row (not past warranty though) and they had held up rather well with no mechanical challenges to speak of. Longest possession of our past GM's was 3 yrs on our '05 Denali.

Thanks for the feedback.

D.D.

PeteKT
07-14-10, 11:30 AM
an 07 with only 4K miles? are you sure that hasnt been tampered with? who buys a car and only drives it 1k miles a year?

CadX6
07-14-10, 01:08 PM
an 07 with only 4K miles? are you sure that hasnt been tampered with? who buys a car and only drives it 1k miles a year?
My wife has one of the first CTS's to come off the line when they were introduced in April '02, a 2003 Luxury Sport with just over 8,000 miles. 1K of that was a second honeymoon trip from So Cal to Carmel just after we got it & 2K was a trip from Chicago to Montreal about three years ago.
Since we brought it from L.A. to IL (in the moving van) it has never been in rain or in snow (but now I have to have the front brake lines replaced under recall because we live in a "severe corrosion area").
Yeah - keeping the battery up is a challenge......

bstiffmanofsteel
07-15-10, 01:24 AM
My wife has one of the first CTS's to come off the line when they were introduced in April '02, a 2003 Luxury Sport with just over 8,000 miles.

Thats incredible!

Dobiesdaddy
07-15-10, 05:03 PM

It was from and Estate Sale... people who had more money than they knew what to do with. There was the original dealerships card in the vehicle booklet and I called there. They said they had more vehicles to drive than they knew what to do with. It came with a CARFAX and showed the purchase and when it was sold recently. That's the facts.

Besides, I worked for two car dealerships in my days and know when a car is pristine or been messed with fer sure.

Anyone with recommendations on this items I listed???

dzar
07-19-10, 11:50 PM
Hi there!

We just received a '07 with 4,099 on the odo and LOVE IT!!!
My wife and I in our spare time show our Doberman girl. We also have a boy Dobe, he's a pet. They always ride with us.

I have several questions...

Any hitchbox recommendations?

I have a swing out box that's no longer made, but there are similar ones here: http://www.etrailer.com (I've had good experiences with them, but otherwise don't care if you buy from them or someone else... they do have a good selection that you can then price compare or shop around)

Lastly, since we have 2 years left on our warranty from GM should we be concerned and get an extended warranty and if so which is the best? We have had several GM SUV's in a row (not past warranty though) and they had held up rather well with no mechanical challenges to speak of. Longest possession of our past GM's was 3 yrs on our '05 Denali.

The extended warranties are ridiculously expensive. If you put $200/mo away (like you will, or more, with these) then you will be fine if you need even a $4000 repair over two years; and if you don't, you have $4000 to take a nice vacation. I bought a 7 yr/100K one for my Toyota for $625 and it was worth every penny, but my latest quote for a 7 yr/100K plan was over $5000 (but less if you're under 36,000 miles... GMPP plans all think you're out of warranty at 36K even though the Cadi goes to 50k... so you're paying a lot for not as much extended coverage... or maybe someone can tell me I'm reading this wrong).

dzar
07-20-10, 12:10 AM
sorry... system double posted... hmmm...