: USB Memory Stick Playback is Cool!

algiorda
07-12-10, 03:31 PM
I thought this was pretty awesome. I purchased a 2gig USB memory stick, threw some songs on it, and as soon as I plugged it into my USB port in the SRX, the songs started to play without any other action on my part.

That was Cool; It works even better than my Windows 7 PC!!!

Thank you SRX Design Team!!!

sube5186
07-12-10, 05:30 PM
I think you mean a thumbdrive, also called a USB drive. A "Memory Stick" is a proprietary memory card designed for Sony digital cameras. I have a 16 GB thumbdrive that I've been using. Have about 1,200 songs on it thus far and still have tons of space left. You can also create "Playlists" by putting songs into folders on the thumbdrive. The nice thing is, you can have some songs in folders and others in the root directory and access them all seamlessly. E.g. Lets say you have certain Jazz tracks in a folder and other Jazz tracks in the root directory (or even another folder). If you play music by Genre and select Jazz, it'll find all of them and play without gaps. Creating playlists on the USB drive actually work better than the way the HDD creates them. On the HDD you have to create playlists by manually adding one song at a time.

Sube

stealth97
07-12-10, 08:49 PM
Sube, I've tried creating folders on thumbdrive but it does not show when connected to car. It just plays songs in alphabetical order. How did you do it? Thanks.

sube5186
07-12-10, 09:18 PM
Sube, I've tried creating folders on thumbdrive but it does not show when connected to car. It just plays songs in alphabetical order. How did you do it? Thanks.

Yes, it will automatically start playing songs in alphabetical order. However, if you hit the "Select" hard button, it should bring up a list including Artist, Album, Genre, etc. Scroll to the top of that list and you should see "Folders/Playlists". Click that and you'll see the folder(s) you created with the names you assigned to them.

Sube

stealth97
07-12-10, 11:06 PM
Cool thanks! I'm on vacation right now, but I'll be sure to try it out as soon as I get home. Thanks again!

iamq
07-13-10, 09:31 AM
Hi guys, just went on my first 200+ mile trip and loved having my music. The annoying thing was that every time I stopped and turned off the car, when I came back it continued playing the last song but forgot the folder and turned the shuffle OFF, just played alphabetically from the last one. Am I doing something wrong. Seems when you turn it on it goes thru tracking each time and resets to the defaults. Anyone else noticed this?? Thanks.

sube5186
07-13-10, 02:15 PM
Hi guys, just went on my first 200+ mile trip and loved having my music. The annoying thing was that every time I stopped and turned off the car, when I came back it continued playing the last song but forgot the folder and turned the shuffle OFF, just played alphabetically from the last one. Am I doing something wrong. Seems when you turn it on it goes thru tracking each time and resets to the defaults. Anyone else noticed this?? Thanks.

Just checked this in mine. Nope, picks up right where it left off, whether the songs are in a folder or not. Shuffle still on as well. Your system isn't working the way it's supposed to. You might need the audio system reset.

Sube

iamq
07-14-10, 09:05 AM
Just checked this in mine. Nope, picks up right where it left off, whether the songs are in a folder or not. Shuffle still on as well. Your system isn't working the way it's supposed to. You might need the audio system reset.

Sube

Thanks... will put that on the list for service..

IAMQ

Ballard
07-15-10, 11:03 AM
I wish that a ext. cord was included , so that you could leave the thumb drive out of the console. I have purchased a ext. cord , and it is easier for me using this setup. Ballard