: White 2010 SRX???

cazzara02
07-12-10, 02:50 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of their White SRX? Im torn between the Black and White and cant seem to make my decision! HELP!!!!!!!

GMJim
07-12-10, 02:59 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/182811-post-pics-your-new-2010-srx.html

my choice is white, but i'm partial

algiorda
07-12-10, 03:18 PM
Black really shows body contours and lines, however is it really HOT in the summer and tough to keep clean and dust free.

White is clean except for bugs and tar, and COOL in the summer, but sort of hides the body contours; but looks elegant

I would purchase Silver!! LOL

Cyn385
07-12-10, 05:16 PM
I have white...because like PP said black is HOOOOOT in the summer and hard as heck to keep clean...I love my white...and I get compliments on the color all the time!!! It doesn't cost an extra $1000 for no reason :)

lovey8592
07-12-10, 05:29 PM
I have the white. I love it in black but I chose white because is looks so elegant and hides dirt well. You really can't go wrong with either color, just think about you have to devote to keeping it clean. That black is downright sexy though!! :-)

cazzara02
07-12-10, 07:22 PM
I went to go see one but it was gone. Is it the same white as the escalade and cts? Can you email me some pics at Christopher.Azzara@gmail.com???

embassy
07-14-10, 02:25 AM
Other than factory order or pay extra freight from an out of province dealer, I only had a choice of black, grey, or white. My previous caddy was white so I was looking for a change. However I did have a black car once and although it looked great when it was clean, I seemed to spend my life keeping it clean. So then it was grey or white. There are three gray Lexus 350s on my block alone, so I went with White. Looking for logic - sorry none here - just personal choice. Although my wife and son were both heavily involved in the colour decision.

cbeeches
07-15-10, 10:41 PM
The GF just got an SRX white. It looks great, one sweet ride.
I'd say go white . Black is harder to keep clean. I have a Pearl White CTS.
Glad too, the last car I had was Black. Too much work.

Ponyman
07-15-10, 11:07 PM
The Titaniumn on the SRx has silver metal flake in it as opposed to the White Diamond that has a gold metal falke in it. I think the Titaniumn with the silver metal falke gives a brighter cleaner white. If you see the two colors side by side, there is an amazing difference.

TheCaptain
07-16-10, 01:04 AM
Indeed there is Ponyman, and under non bright sun makes the biggest difference as well, as Titanium still looks white, while the White Diamond looks peach-ish.

GeeVee
07-16-10, 01:51 AM
Skipper, only people living in the Okanogan get to call colors peach-ish....sheesh you Saskatchewanites :p

GMJim
07-16-10, 07:30 AM
My 06 was White Diamond. I always felt it looked tan-ish.
2010 Platinum Ice IS white compared to White Diamond

TheCaptain
07-16-10, 11:22 AM
Skipper, only people living in the Okanogan get to call colors peach-ish....sheesh you Saskatchewanites :p

lol! :shhh:

bobarry
07-16-10, 12:09 PM
I used to be a white or black car fan, but fell in love with the Crystal Red, which is a 'mere' $1k more!
Its more awesome than my red Saturn Sky.

Bo

stevec5375
07-16-10, 04:25 PM
I used to be a white or black car fan, but fell in love with the Crystal Red, which is a 'mere' $1k more!

Bo

The Platinum Ice (white) is also $1K more too.

algiorda
07-17-10, 05:10 PM

Bo

I came very close to getting the RED as it looks awesome in the sunlight when it's nice and clean. When we were on the lot, i showed the RED to my wife and she goes, "Eeeewwwww, you don't want RED, Do you?".

That put an end to that, so I ended up with Silver. The things you have to do to stay married 33 years and counting.....

bobarry
07-17-10, 09:09 PM
The things you have to do to stay married 33 years and counting..... - you beat me by 2 years.

We only had one Performance version to pick from and it was the red one. I sort of 'steered' the wife to it and she loved it, so I got lucky. When I got home I found out that red was on her 'desired' list. So all was well.

All of the colors are fine, but I don't worry about hot or cold since ours in in the garage 95% of the time. :)

Surprising that the white costs extra too. I guess training robots to paint perfectly is harder for some of the colors.

Bo

Marc NY
07-18-10, 12:11 AM
Black really shows body contours and lines, however is it really HOT in the summer and tough to keep clean and dust free.

White is clean except for bugs and tar, and COOL in the summer, but sort of hides the body contours; but looks elegant

I would purchase Silver!! LOLActually I believe that the lighter colors shows off the body lines best especially silver that is why you will see that a lot of advertisements showcase silver.

BTW: I like both black and white ... however I decided to get the grey flannel or cyber grey Camaro color.

I really love the metallic grey and the subtle blue chips in that paint. :)

Ponyman
07-18-10, 09:56 AM
The Platinumn Ice is an updated, and in my opinion, much prettier version of the White Diamond, that has ALWAYS been a premium color with the extra price tag.

TheCaptain
07-18-10, 01:56 PM
That put an end to that, so I ended up with Silver. The things you have to do to stay married 33 years and counting.....

Did you get Radiant Silver? You don't have pics up in the new vehicle thread do ya? I don't think i've seen a real SRX in the light silver!
Edit: Whoops, just seen it in there. Very nice!

Also, the White Titanium is a tricoat (three stage) paint, and Crystal Red Tintcoat uses a tinted clearcoat, so that's what the extra cost covers. :cool2: