: Front license plate mount

kilatianki
07-12-10, 10:53 AM
Does anyone out there know where I can get a good price on a front license plate mount for my 2010 SRX. Don't ask me why they don't at least come with both:thepan:

smiley47
07-12-10, 11:38 AM
That should be provided and installed by the dealer if you live in a state that requires a front plate. Too bad because it ruins the beautiful front end.

Nichelle
07-12-10, 07:58 PM
My state requires a front plate. The car came with the mount (it was stored in the rear compartment) and the dealer installed it. I agree that it looks better without it, though.

mw1862
07-13-10, 01:26 AM
A few months back I got sick of looking at the huge holder on the nose of my car. So I started thinking about options for removing it or relocating the plate.

This is what I decided to do, the plate is still there but lower and off of the nose area. The only reason I get away with removing the holder is because as you can see the SRX is Raven Black. The holder is secured by 4 fasteners. Removing it is not for the faint of heart.

I used 1/4 inch black rubber plugs to fill the holes. They pretty much blend with the 4 sensors already on the bumper and unless you know what to look for, is pretty unnoticeable especially at a distance of a few feet. Black on Black has a way of doing that. Anyway I manufactured my own mounting hardware using 3 inch toggle bolts and hook type fasteners for the top 2 bolts and bingo it's very secure and meets California Law.

Is this the best way to go, I doubt it but for my own obsessive piece of mind it works for me. I have plenty of these plugs if anyone is brave enough to hack up the nose of your new SRX. I would not suggest trying to paint these plugs so Black is pretty much it in terms of color. Anyway here is a pic. :cookoo:

kilatianki
07-13-10, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the info all; mine didn't come with the front mount b/c of the state that I purchased it wasn't needed/required, but now I'm in Germany with my SRX and it's required so I guess I'll have to buy one in the states and have it shipped over here. I like the fabrication on the lower front that you have out in Cali. You should convey that to the manufacture to have that the standard placement for the front mount, b/c it doesn't distract the natural beauty of the nose of the vehicle. Just a thought:pig: