: connect ipod to SRX

kilatianki
07-12-10, 11:50 AM
How do I connect my ipod to play online radio stations (iheartradio) through my vehicle's speakers without being plugged into the aux port?:banghead:

sube5186
07-12-10, 01:52 PM
How do I connect my ipod to play online radio stations (iheartradio) through my vehicle's speakers without being plugged into the aux port?:banghead:

You can't. You must use the AUX input.

Sube

algiorda
07-12-10, 03:28 PM
You can use an adapter that will transmit the iPod signals through your FM radio.

sube5186
07-12-10, 05:34 PM
You can use an adapter that will transmit the iPod signals through your FM radio.

True, but the sound quality with those is dread awful. Just buy a short audio cable and keep your iPod in the center console. Or, if you want to have access to it while playing, get a slightly longer cable and keep it in the cup holder.

Sube

cz9h3d
07-12-10, 10:55 PM
I've never done this personally, but if you have the base radio (i.e. base or Luxury collection with no radio upgrades), it should support bluetooth music streaming. Yea, I know it's silly to offer this feature on the least expensive, but it's related to how the USB input had to implemented on this radio (some additional parts came along)

kilatianki
07-13-10, 01:30 PM
You're correct; I don't know how I did it, but I was listening to a station through my iphone app. (iheartradio). The iphone displayed a message asking me if I wanted to listen to music through bluetooth connection and I clicked "yes" and it played, but for some reason when I turned off my SRX and got back into it and wanted to listen to the iphone radio station it didn't ask me again; it just ask me if I wanted to pair my bluetooth phone, and I did, but the music has to be plugged in, and it sounds lower in comparison to before when it was playing without the aux cord. I was wondering how do I get that connection back. I guess I need to contact my iphone carrier and see what they have to say about it. I'll let everyone know what happens unless someone else out there is listening to streaming music without being plugged into the aux port?

Bee iLL
07-13-10, 02:27 PM
You do realize you can use your USB cable that connects your IPOD to your computer? Then you can control the IPOD completely through the radio controls and just leave your Ipod in your center console.... A lot better sound quality than using the AUX port also.

sube5186
07-13-10, 02:42 PM
I think he specifically wants to use the iheart radio app for his iPod. As far as I know, you can't play apps via the regular iPod cable connected to the SRX. I could be wrong, so anybody who knows otherwise feel free to correct me.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iheart-radio/id290638154?mt=8

Sube

Bee iLL
07-13-10, 03:14 PM
I think he specifically wants to use the iheart radio app for his iPod. As far as I know, you can't play apps via the regular iPod cable connected to the SRX. I could be wrong, so anybody who knows otherwise feel free to correct me.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iheart-radio/id290638154?mt=8

Sube

I don't use the iheart radio app, so I wouldn't actually know... One would think that if you could play music through the USB cable, you would be able to play radio stations... But then again, this is Apple we are talking about here...

kilatianki
07-14-10, 02:05 PM
I figured it out :thumbsup:
Once you have your iphone paired via bluetooth you have to push the menu button on the console and it will have options. I'm not exactly what the option is, but it's something like bluetooth options or something like that, but the display will ask you if you want to play music via your bluetooth, and you have to go on the iphone and it will ask you for authorization and you select yes and the cadillac finds it and bam! you can enjoy your ipod music or live streaming music (iheartradio) without a plug in, and it sounds awesome. I'm all the way over here in Germany and I can listen to streaming music or ipod saved music without wires/plug ins. I will write down the specific details once I get back in the SRX and connect so everyone will be good to go.