: competition mode

dvandentop
07-12-10, 12:04 AM
I have a c6 z06 and that i take the track regularly and I took my V yesterday to just see how it did, I was most surprised out of all how lenient the competition mode is compared to the z06 comp mode. the v lets you get quite a bit sideways without kicking in the brakes in the corners, it was a hoot working the car around the road course.

anyone else with a vette notice this?

Razorecko
07-12-10, 09:31 AM
you do know there is a " Stabilitrak OFF " mode. Hit once for trac, 2x for comp, 3rd time press and hold for 5-10 sec and all traction is completely off

Umrswimr
07-12-10, 09:39 AM
I personally believe that competition mode is a huge mistake. I've followed many, many cars around the track and realized that the ONLY thing keeping them on the asphalt was the computer. The proof was at Chump car- where the $500 beaters don't have AH/TC/ABS and suddenly a lot of people realized just how csorry they were as drivers.

You don't learn anything with that thing on. Turn it off. All the way off.

However, I am glad to see another owner who actually takes their sportscars to the track. :cheers:

dvandentop
07-12-10, 09:44 AM
oh yeah i turned if off after a few sessions but was just stating i was surprised at how non instrusive it was going around the track compared to the vette.

it was actually more fun to drive around then my vette at the track due to it is alot harder car control wise to make it move then the vette is (run full michelin slicks on that car)

umrswimr yeah comp mode saves a ton of guys asses at the track and some wonder why their rear brakes go out so quick compared to front :lol: it is cause AH is kickin on all the time in the corners

RB190
07-12-10, 09:46 AM
I traded an 08 Z06 for my V and I know exactly what your talking about. It was hard driving in Comp mode on the track with the Z because it was always cutting in and slowing me down. With the V it lets you drive it a little harder without interfering.

By the way, I missed the Corvette so much, I just took delivery on a new Torch Red GS M6. I love the V, but it is not a Corvette.

RB

V&Vette
07-12-10, 03:23 PM
Depends on what you have done to the Vette. :D

Overall, I agree that the V is definitely more fun to drive than the Vette. I like how varying this car is....one moment its a luxury cruise...the next minute a beast.

baabootoo
07-13-10, 12:13 AM
I didn't realize we have FOUR levels of "control" until I read this. I was skipping over the competition and going right to the "STABILITRAK OFF" level!