: Mouse in my V

notop71
07-12-10, 12:45 AM
I had a mouse in my V over the weekend. It chewed all the interior door pull plastic, the transciever dome / light sensor on the dash and the interior drivers window weather stripping. Can the door pulls be replaced without replacing the entire panel(s)? How difficult will it be to replace the tranceiver dome? TIA!

TroyFleming
07-12-10, 08:34 AM
I believe the pulls only come with the panels and can be removed from backside by two 10MM nuts, the transdome thing is not that hard to change.

Which weatherstrip the window channel weatherstrip or the upper edge weatherstrip. If you need these parts let me know I have the pulls,weatherstrip and possibly the dome. Shipping can't be more then $5 on these parts

notop71
07-12-10, 11:37 AM
The mouse got the upper edge weather stripping. You could really make my day if you had all the parts I need! All 4 door pulls need replaced.

Thanks a bunch! I am sick today still thinking about this. Kinda hope it burns to the ground so I can get a '10.

commander112
07-12-10, 12:28 PM
Did you send in a cat to get the mouse? By the way, how did a mouse get in?

whisler151
07-12-10, 12:50 PM
Wow, that's terrible.

I had a mouse in my V. My shop found it when doing the cam swap. It was dead and laying behind the harmonic balancer. I'm glad it didn't do any damage like yours did.

shadybx7
07-12-10, 04:00 PM
pics of the damage??

TroyFleming
07-12-10, 08:21 PM
The mouse got the upper edge weather stripping. You could really make my day if you had all the parts I need! All 4 door pulls need replaced.

Thanks a bunch! I am sick today still thinking about this. Kinda hope it burns to the ground so I can get a '10.

After looking in shop, I have all the door pulls,the dash bubble/dome and the weatherstrip. Just PM me an offer and can have it shipped out tomorrow or weds.

notop71
07-13-10, 02:42 PM
Apparently I have not been a member long enough to send a PM. I really don't know what those individual components might be worth . . . If your price is reasonalble, I'll most likely buy.

Thanks again!

VforMe
07-13-10, 07:11 PM
Better hope its not still in there somewhere. Justin311 had to have his entire dash ripped apart to remove a mouse that was stinking up the entire car. I think there's a thread somewhere on here about it.

Edit:

Found it

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/184914-mouse-control.html

SuperVeee
07-14-10, 12:20 PM
I have had mice in a few of my cars and use traps occasionally overnight to draw them out of their hiding places. My first indication they are there is usually some small bits of kleenex from the box on the floor. Beats me how they get in the car in the first place.

My wife had one get caught in the fan behind the dash in her MDX recently and had the dealer tear the dash out for a few hundred and get that stinky rodent out of there. Nasty smell!!

notop71
07-14-10, 09:40 PM
I set a trap and got the Mo-Fo. Set traps subsequent nights and came up dry. I think I got them . . .unless there are babies.

Baltimore07V
07-15-10, 06:51 AM
I set a trap and got the Mo-Fo. Set traps subsequent nights and came up dry. I think I got them . . .unless there are babies.

Use peanut butter. Gets 'em every time.