: Premium vs Performance differences

bobarry
07-11-10, 08:15 PM
I just bought a new Performance model, and note that the manual must include some of the features not in my model.

One I noted says you can open the car with your remote/key in your pocket. So I walk up to the car and wait, wait, etc and nothing happens. :)

I did manage to get in by hitting the unlock button on the remote and THEN putting the remote in my pocket.

How am I doing so far? :)

Bo

sube5186
07-11-10, 08:36 PM
Doing great so far, Bo. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the feature you're referring to (Keyless Access) is presently only available in the "Premium" Collection. Reportedly, this will be standard on "Luxury" and "Performance" editions for 2011.

The best thing I can tell you is to visit the link below for a complete side by side comparison of all models.

http://www.cadillac.com/srxCrossover/build-your-own/

Sube

bobarry
07-11-10, 09:20 PM
As a new member, I'm still trying to real all the posts, and just found out the details. Thanks for your reply too.

I did the vehicle compare many times but didn't quite figure out the details on the features.

I'm afraid I would have passed on the Premium version because of the cost, but when my wife & I saw that brilliant Crystal Red tintcoat Performance model we were hooked immediately.

Back to reading all the old posts on my new forum. :) I have a Red Saturn Sky Redline and enjoy its forum too.

Bo

sube5186
07-11-10, 09:26 PM
When my wife & I saw that brilliant Crystal Red tintcoat Performance model we were hooked immediately.

You have good taste. Mine is Crystal Red too. :thumbsup:

Sube

TheCaptain
07-11-10, 09:31 PM
You have a Sky Redline!? Awesome!! You really ought to post some pics up bobarry!

bobarry
07-17-10, 08:40 PM
You have a Sky Redline!? Awesome!! You really ought to post some pics up bobarry!

Ok, 'off thread' but my Sky is my baby - gonna keep it until fenders aren't available.Only 34000 made.

Here's a couple pictures. I had the plastic grilles 'chromed' and am tempted to have the same done for the SRX.

R U a real Captain (boat, police, plane, military) or just a nickname?
I'm a retired USAF Captain, nickname was Capt Midnite. If I made Mayor, I was going to be Major Disaster.

Bo

TheCaptain
07-18-10, 01:02 PM
Man that Sky Redline looks good, the grills too!

And no, i'm not a real Captain, just a nickname a bunch of friends gave me because in highschool i drove/owned a 91 Caprice. The only four door (and large car :D) in the parking lot. So i got to be known as the Captain of my "boat". :rofl:

LOL at Major Disaster... :D

bobarry
07-19-10, 08:06 PM
Man that Sky Redline looks good, the grills too!

And no, i'm not a real Captain, just a nickname a bunch of friends gave me because in highschool i drove/owned a 91 Caprice. The only four door (and large car :D) in the parking lot. So i got to be known as the Captain of my "boat". :rofl:

LOL at Major Disaster... :D

Ok on the nickname. Just think, if you were a bit hefty, you would have been called "Anchor". :)

My 9 year old spelled Albuquerque, so I'm giving her your province to spell. Yikes. I think I remember Sgt Preston from the Mounted Police was from there. :) (Radio show in the '50s)

Bo

bobarry
07-20-10, 08:48 AM
Correction, Sgt Preston was from the Yukon. It was a great radio & tv show when they were first invented. Along with the Lone Ranger. Turns out they were filmed in Calif & Colo. :)

Having fun with Wikipedia as my 70 year old brain recalls trivia.
Bo

TheCaptain
07-20-10, 11:19 AM
lol, Anchor. Yep, glad i'm not hefty... :D

And its funny how many shows use RCMP or what not, and never were actually filmed in Canada.

Yep Saskatchewan is a good one. When in Minneapolis, i stopped at a Johnny Johns (amazing sandwiches with a slap eh? :D) and a kid was wondering where i was from when he seen my plate. His mom figured it would be pretty tough to spell that one, but then i reminded her that we only have 13 provinces/territories to remember to spell (and capitals would make 26). Not quite the 50 states plus capitals. :D