: No dash lights, instruments...

sts4ga
07-11-10, 06:12 PM
05 CTS-V

It's kind of an intermittent thing which has happened the last 2 times I washed it. It starts/runs fine but the AC, PW, trunk release, interior lights and instruments don't work.

I may have traced it to the harness running from the drivers door into the cabin. It seems to straighten out when I wiggle the rubber boot between the door/body. Coincidince maybe? Is there a plug that may be loose?

Could there be something in that area that would kill everything in the cabin?

Thanks

darkman
07-11-10, 08:59 PM
It sounds like water in a connector. See attached.

darkman
07-11-10, 09:03 PM
And.

sts4ga
07-12-10, 10:06 PM
Thanks a million! There is a grommet with what I believe is a drain hose (Maybe for the sun roof) that leads to the door jamb. I pulled some wires through there for a radar detector/lidar jammer and some water may be getting in there. The electrical problems seem to straighten out when the car sits in the heat for a while.

I also noticed that the power lock light went out around the time I installed the radar detector so maybe I moved a plug around while fishing around for wires. It's a tight squeeze in the space behind the drivers side kick panel. I also grounded some stuff to the ground screw behind the kick panel so that may have something to do with it.

Thanks again! I'm going to study the images you posted.