: just bought 2007 escalade

farisi
07-11-10, 02:32 AM
good day to all of you guys.
i live in saudi arabia and just bought a 2007escalade imported from the US with 78000 miles on it. It looks and drives great however it has that wind noise problem that is more annoying when driving against the wind. in fact it was there even at low speed but was fixed and now i only hear it when driving above 60 mph. i have few questions that would like you guys to help me with:

1-is it true that all 07 models have electrical problems according to Consumer Report mag.
2-i just had the security bolts on the tires removed because i could not find their key and now driving with five bolts on each tire. is that ok?
3-here in saudi arabia there are only two types of gasoline, 91 and 95 . which one should i use ?

SouthernCaddy
07-11-10, 12:35 PM
You can Use 91, that will work fine unless you just want to use 95. I would go ahead and buy a regular lug nut for the wheels so they are all secure. I have not had any electrical problems on my 2007 and I have 74K on it now.

Hope this helps

intheb0x
07-12-10, 05:21 AM
wow 95?? i bet your escalade would love that...

how much is the price of gas?

congrats on your purchase on such a great truck!

hcvone
07-12-10, 07:57 AM
As said 91 octane is the most you need, and I have had several 07's and never any electic issues. Good luck with your truck. What color is it? :)

07maralade
07-12-10, 06:49 PM
There better than Range Rovers in terms of electrical.

And 91 is needed out in the heat.

farisi
07-13-10, 01:43 AM
thanx for the replies guys . my "new" escalade is white. it is in good shape bodywise and hopefully enginewise. In fact it was the car excellent condition that made me over look the wind noise issue and go ahead and buy it.

i think i'll stick with the 91 gas even though the 95 is not expensive over here.

One more thing, i have noticed that the head lights are not identical when looked at from distance.One look zenon and the other looks yellowish(halogen) but both seem zenon when u stand close to the car. any explanation?

Dobiesdaddy
07-19-10, 08:59 PM
One look zenon and the other looks yellowish(halogen) but both seem zenon when u stand close to the car. any explanation?

Some swapped out a bulb at one time.

I have an '07 too. No problems so far.

Since gas is so cheap in Saudi... I'd go big (95)!