: front clip

plain97
07-11-10, 12:31 AM
I have a 2005 sts that has been wrecked,can any one tell me if a front clip off of a 2008 sts will work on my 2005 sts?

dkozloski
07-11-10, 12:39 AM
I have a 2005 sts that has been wrecked,can any one tell me if a front clip off of a 2008 sts will work on my 2005 sts?
Anything can be made to work on anything. The question is, how much money and talent do you have. Keep in mind that when you start fooling around in the firewall area you'll be dealing with exotic sandwiched composite materials that are not weldable. Look over your factory service manual.

plain97
07-11-10, 12:45 AM
when i say front clip basically the inner fenders are ok,just fenders,hood,bumper and radiator support are damaged,will those pieces work?will the fenders bolt on and match the doors?

CadillacSTS42005
07-11-10, 10:04 AM
beaten to death
do a search
been covered numerious times with very detailed info of what must be done but the short answer is yes it can be done

z06bigbird
07-11-10, 02:30 PM
when i say front clip basically the inner fenders are ok,just fenders,hood,bumper and radiator support are damaged,will those pieces work?will the fenders bolt on and match the doors?

Front cap: bumper, hood, fenders, radiator support. Relatively inexpensive.

Front clip: same as above plus strut towers. Much more expensive.

Wrong description at a wrecking yard can cost you thousands more.

next2pool
07-11-10, 03:06 PM

Not a problem at all.