: Remote Start? Possessed

texasboymo
07-10-10, 08:24 PM
Mannn. i just bought a 2007 Cadillac CTS... and there has been two occasions where its has just started on its own?? is there a remote start or could it be something wrong with my computer, i dont think anything after market has been done to it

darkman
07-10-10, 09:21 PM
Mannn. i just bought a 2007 Cadillac CTS... and there has been two occasions where its has just started on its own?? is there a remote start or could it be something wrong with my computer, i dont think anything after market has been done to it

Well they don't come with a remote starter, and there is supposed to be a clutch pedal switch that prevents starting unless the clutch is depressed. (We did have one forum member that bypassed his.) Under what circumstances did it start on its own?

texasboymo
07-10-10, 09:37 PM
well once i was sittin in my car on the phone wit my door open.. it started..... and then i came out of walgreens and it was running!!

darkman
07-10-10, 09:45 PM
well once i was sittin in my car on the phone wit my door open.. it started..... and then i came out of walgreens and it was running!!

Could your be a little more specific - keys in the ignition? (while it Walgreens?) clutch pedal? in neutral? When you sitting in the car on the phone did you hear it cranking?

texasboymo
07-10-10, 09:55 PM
nahh keys was in my pocket in walgreens the car was locked and the doors were closed.. i came outside and its just on!

darkman
07-10-10, 09:59 PM
nahh keys was in my pocket in walgreens the car was locked and the doors were closed.. i came outside and its just on!

Yep, it is indeed possessed. Do you know a good exorcist?

texasboymo
07-10-10, 10:10 PM
yeah.. my dealership, they about to fix my ship or get me a different one!

Baltimore07V
07-11-10, 01:45 AM

Ever scene that movie "Christine"? Just saying....

calidave
07-11-10, 06:08 AM
I'm thinking you've got a CTS, not a V. Perhaps this should go in the CTS section -- I'm sure the folks on that side have more experience with remote starters.

They might like to know what kind of remote starter you have, when and where it was installed, things like that. Good luck..

whisler151
07-11-10, 08:56 PM
What aftermarket remote start do you have? How much is the dealer charging to fix a non factory issue?

Remote start on a V1 is not something I will be spending money on. Not a good idea in my opinion.