: 2007 suspension/tire error messages and strange electronic things..

guitarcomputer
07-10-10, 06:15 PM
So... I picked up a used 07 Escalade yesterday. It's actually an ebay buy located at this addy; cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270601722137&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

It was only a 2 hour drive to pick up the car so.. it seemed like an alright deal...

So I drive it home... all is good while I'm in town. As soon as I end up on the highway I turn on the cruise. Well, it works for a random 15 - 30 seconds and turns off. I keep trying... it keeps turning off. Well then the Digital Information Center in main instrument panel tells me to check tire pressure sensor system... and the suspension system... well I think hmm, maybe its just cause all that is aftermarket and not pluged into the main computer.. (I'm a techy nerd... not a mechanic.. sorry.. ) Anyways... The wheels grind against the sidewalls when you make a normal turn.. so.. something is up.. with that, that's not right. Also side not... the moon roof is possessed! I open it up all the way.. it decides to randomly close... and open some... close again a little... and open a little... eventually repeating the process until it's fully closed... wtf my friend?

Another thing the guy said, the air suspension hose was unplugged on the drivers side by the rear wheel... What? and Why?

Another side note... I get random beep type sounds in the car... but no error messages on the DIC or anywhere...

*sigh of disgust* :bonkers:

I've done the ebay thing before with an 07 350z... amazing transaction and car... this deal... already a head-ache...

Is there something simple going on here that I can take care of where I live or something I can do myself? or is this going to have to go back to the dealership.... and take it up with them...

Love the way it looks though... a very pretty beast I would like to keep...

Any help here? Thoughts?

Thanks...

Rolex
07-10-10, 07:50 PM
You went to buy and Escalade and bought a can of worms. Electrical gremlins are a pain in the neck and the previous owner unplugging random stuff on the truck would've been a red flag for me.

IMO you should've had the vin # run to take a look at the service history on that truck. Best of luck to you my friend.

SouthernCaddy
07-10-10, 10:50 PM
This is what he stated, I would make him make it good!!!

"About This Car
YOU ARE VIEWING A SUPER NICE 2007 CADILLAC ESCALADE !!!! THIS TRUCK HAS BEEN VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF AND IT SHOWS. THE MILAGE REPRESENTED IS ACTUAL. IT HAS NEVER BEEN SMOKED IN WITH A CLEAN SMELL THROUGHOUT. THERE IS NO CURRENT OR REPAIRED COLLISION DAMAGE ON THE CAR ANYWHERE. !!!! THE AUTOMATIC TRANNY AND THE V8 ARE BOTH 100% WITH NO SIGNS OF TROUBLE. ALL ELECTRICAL OPTIONS ARE FUNCTIONING PROPERLY. THE VERY CLASSY BLACK EXTERIOR IS IN GREAT CONDITION WITH NO DENTS, DINGS, OR SCRATCHES. THERE IS A SET OF BRAND NEW 26 INCH STATUS WHEELS AND TIRES. THE TRUCK HAS ALSO BEEN LOWERED 4 INCHES IN FRONT AND 5 IN THE REAR. THE ESCALADE STILL RUNS AND DRIVES AS IF IT WERE STOCK. THE LOWERING KIT WAS 2K TO MAKE IT RIDE SMOOTH. . THE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR IS ALSO IN GREAT SHAPE SHOWING NO WEAR AND IS FREE OF ANY RIPS, TEARS, OR STAINS. SOME OF THE OPTIONS ARE , 6 DISC CD PLAYER, TINTED WINDOWS , REAR CAPTAINS, 3RD ROW, HEATED SEATS DRONT AND REAR, ROOF, AND 26INCH WHEELS. THE TIRES HAVE 100%TREAD REMAING FOR THE NEW OWNER. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FEEDBACK AND YOU WILL BE PLEASED TO KNOW THAT WE ARE A REPUTABLE DEALER FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 417-844-2815.

db71
07-10-10, 11:03 PM
Ok here is the deal the wheels are 26" wheels with a 305/30/26 tire they rub a little when you turn itis just a fact about it whoever put them on did not put tpms in the tires not a big deal you can do it if you want if the tire system light bothers you.

It has also been lowered now I have not done this yet but my guess is they did not shorten the air ride rods so they unplugged it if you unplug something it sends off all kinds of signals I know for a fact that the air ride and tpms can affect traction control it it does not work properly your cruise will not work. (note when i just switched my rims and put rims on with no tpms in any of them I had no issues but when I had one wheel with no tpms I had tons of issues ones just liked being mentioned)

Long story short it can be fixed for a minmal amount of money if you can do it yourself if you do not want it I will buy it for 27,500 I'm in IL

roccos_van
07-11-10, 06:36 PM
Db71 is right.

I have a lowered 07 with 24's and they rub, you need to intall tire pressure sensors otherwise you will get the warning. ALso the 'service suspension' could be because of the air suspension hieght rods in the rear not being adjusted to the correct length since it was lowered.

All these problems can be corrected with a little elbow grease and a few bucks.

hcvone
07-12-10, 08:04 AM
Did you take it to some one to check it out for you? or at least take someone that knows these trucks with you? I would start by doing that and seeing what needs to be repaired or replaced. :)

07maralade
07-12-10, 06:40 PM
Great deal man!