: 2011 V-Coupe Tested w/ Pictures!

SD Detail
07-09-10, 03:07 PM
Autoblog did a nice review on the V-coupe, lots of great shots too!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/09/2011-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-first-drive-review-road-test/

My apologies if this is a repost

GMX322V S/C
07-10-10, 03:59 AM
http://jalopnik.com/5582881/2011-cadillac-cts+v-coupe-first-drive

This part raised my eyebrows: "At just over two tons, the V coupe is not light, but it weighs 37 pounds less than the CTS-V sedan and 15 pounds less than the CTS coupe."

How could that be? Maybe they're talking about the 4-wheel drive version? The V's engine, transmission, and brakes are all heavier than the non-V versions...

translux
07-10-10, 10:25 AM
Autoblog CTS-V Coupe (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/09/2011-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-first-drive-review-road-test/)
Must have a been a recent press junket.
Love this shot
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/lead6ctsvcoupefd2011.jpg

neuronbob
07-10-10, 10:29 AM
That has to he the funniest V ever. Loved it.

wfo
07-10-10, 01:21 PM
This is a sweet ride. Just don't know if I'd find the visibilty and issue big enough that over time I would hate it. For now the answer for me is the sedan. For a reminder of just how good the V sedan could look just revisit the thread entitled WFO's Photo Shoot.

TrevorD
07-10-10, 07:19 PM
Call me crazy, but I love the sedan much more. The coupe is just too hatchback-esque IMO. I'll keep my four doors. :)

Trevor

kgb14
07-10-10, 08:02 PM
Great overall look but to be brutally honest the rear quarter panel looks too much like a G6 to me.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/nyias_2006/g6gxp/1.jpg
:duel:

Qnsryck
07-10-10, 09:00 PM
I vote for the Sedan as well. The coupe looks great but I love the whole stealth 4-door thing. My kids sit in the back and my daughter tells me to "kick it". You gotta love that. It's even better since I added the CAI.

translux
07-10-10, 10:31 PM
No resemblance to the V coupe -that thing is hidious looks like a poorly riced out civic.

Great overall look but to be brutally honest the rear quarter panel looks too much like a G6 to me.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/nyias_2006/g6gxp/1.jpg
:duel:

GizmoQ
07-11-10, 12:35 AM
I saw a red one driving down Main street in Carbondale, Il. Chased him in my XLR-V through Murphyboro and out into the country, but he wouldn't stop. Had Michigan plates, but had no idea why he's driving the backroads of southern Illinois.

aj660
07-11-10, 12:40 PM
Call me crazy, but I love the sedan much more. The coupe is just too hatchback-esque IMO. I'll keep my four doors. :)

Trevor

I was ready to buy a 2010 V-Sedan, but the Coupe started to really grow on me so I decided to go with the V-Coupe. At first, I was not very impressed with the pictures of the V-Coupe, but then I started to really like it more and more. Btw it does look much better in person.

To me the Sedan looks "typical" Cadillac. The V-Sedan is definitely a sweet car, but people will know immediately that the Coupe is a brand new modern looking car and something different.

nradcad
07-11-10, 01:37 PM
I'm on the fence. I love the V coupe, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about the rear, that at the right angles, just doesn't look right. I dunno....

ericpd
07-11-10, 02:09 PM
I hear there's more room in the back seats with the coupe, I think I also read somewhere that the rear wheels on the coupe are also a half inch wider although it's still fitted with 285's. Anyone know if these two rumors are true, or just rumors?

GizmoQ
07-11-10, 03:53 PM
I'm on the fence. I love the V coupe, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about the rear, that at the right angles, just doesn't look right. I dunno....

I agree, there's just something about the rear that's too high, too tall, too big for my tastes.

ericpd
07-11-10, 05:20 PM
I agree, there's just something about the rear that's too high, too tall, too big for my tastes.

I hear that every time a highly anticipated new model design is unveiled. After about the first MY, things seem to settle down and fall within most folks taste threshold. For me, it's the placement of the rear wheels,... they seem to be pushed too far back. Now I know that's not the case, center point from rear to front wheel is no different for the couple than it is for the Saloon,... I guess it's the shorter rear over-hang that's making me think that.

In this community, the dis-taste for the couple is relatively pedestrian compared to the hate the 08 C63 AMG got the day it hit the streets. Now all the AMG fan boys just love the thing. Best thing since sliced bread,... let them tell it. I like it, but prolly won't run out and trade my sedan for a couple and a re-set on car payments.

Anyone got anything on wider rear wheels for the coupe?

jweymar
07-11-10, 08:34 PM
Love this car. Might have to get it.

Do the rear seats fold down?

aj660
07-12-10, 12:11 AM

You need to see the car in person.... seriously..

aj660
07-12-10, 12:11 AM
Love this car. Might have to get it.

Do the rear seats fold down?

Yes!!

aj660
07-12-10, 12:16 AM
I hear there's more room in the back seats with the coupe, I think I also read somewhere that the rear wheels on the coupe are also a half inch wider although it's still fitted with 285's. Anyone know if these two rumors are true, or just rumors?

Yes, it's true.. It still bothers me that they couldn't at least go with a 295 instead of 285. My first mod will be 305 and I'll prbably have to lower the car at the same time to fill the wheels well.

Tony407
07-12-10, 01:08 AM
The coupe is definitely growing on me. I especially like the interior door panels...they look great!! All I want to know is what kind of parts are interchangeable so I can dress up my sedan more!

Tony

CopperSunburstCTS
07-20-10, 12:16 AM

Not a rumor, true. They wamted the tires to look flatter (and proivide better stance/grip). This decision had to go up the channels in Caddy to get it approved to produce a differnt wheel just for that. Bean counters loss :thumbsup:

CopperSunburstCTS
07-20-10, 12:26 AM

Its Fastback styling (not typically sean in the USA lately) and not a tyical Coupe styling but without the fastback trunk capability by which the rear window opens. It looks differnt to be sure, but being different in the stylish top line Coupe market is what its all about. Im sure many thought the 66 Toronado style was odd but futuristic, as was the Riviera, especially the boatail version of 71-73, and the original Eldorado. My only compliant, which is difficult for designers, is the high beltline height. But they need it to pass safety crash standards, and its getting harder and harder to build a sleek car these days.

khoeysr
07-20-10, 02:30 PM
IMHO while the V sedan can sometimes be a wolf in sheep's clothing to those non car "people", the V Coupe will enjoy no such anonymity.

I have one on order. I too think it looks phenomenal in person, very stocky and menacing and fast. In a general way it resembles the 08 Honda Accord EXL V6 manual coupe I traded for my current V sedan.

NeedCTS-v
07-20-10, 04:52 PM
I really like the coupe and given the choice today, that's what I'd order. With that being said, there's no disregarding the enjoyment I've had with my sedan for the last 16 months. Time spent already vs. having to wait (I'm not good at waiting), I'm glad I got the sedan.

CadV
07-20-10, 06:15 PM
If I wanted a coupe I would get a sports car. Sedan is a good middle ground for those that have business meetings with clients etc.

I will own sedans for a long time.

Looney100
07-20-10, 08:43 PM
Yes, it's true.. It still bothers me that they couldn't at least go with a 295 instead of 285. My first mod will be 305 and I'll prbably have to lower the car at the same time to fill the wheels well.

The Canadian GM website indicates that both the Coupe and Sedan have 9" wheels up front and 9.5" in the rear.....

ericpd
07-20-10, 09:30 PM

Razorecko just put a thread up doing just that to his Sedan. It looks outstanding. Throw a few Q's his way,... I'm sure he'll share his experiences.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/205716-305-265s-d3-springs-w-oem.html

ericpd
07-20-10, 09:34 PM
Not a rumor, true. They wamted the tires to look flatter (and proivide better stance/grip). This decision had to go up the channels in Caddy to get it approved to produce a differnt wheel just for that. Bean counters loss :thumbsup:

More like a compromise,... otherwise, it's would have gotten 295's on those 'new and improved' wheels. But hey,... a step here-n-there in the right direction is better standing still.

ericpd
07-20-10, 09:35 PM
The Canadian GM website indicates that both the Coupe and Sedan have 9" wheels up front and 9.5" in the rear.....

Wow,... that's a half inch growth on both ends.

BeagleBrains
07-20-10, 09:52 PM
I have the CTS V Coupe on order, build date the week of 08/02/2010. I love every perspective look of it. However, I had the urge to order a new album.
Anjelah Johnson "That's How We Do It!" Track #12: Big Butt.

Moparman4444
07-20-10, 10:09 PM
Trevor

Do you still have your 95 Stealth turbo??

aj660
07-20-10, 10:58 PM
Razorecko just put a thread up doing just that to his Sedan. It looks outstanding. Throw a few Q's his way,... I'm sure he'll share his experiences.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/205716-305-265s-d3-springs-w-oem.html

The 305s look great because he lowered the car. If he didn't lower it, then the wheel well gap would be too big and it would look silly. I wish they made a 303.35.19, but they don't. The 305 only comes in 30.19 which means the car must be lowered and I'm not sure yet if we can lower our Coupes.

Do we want to lower the coupe to go with larger tires? I might go for it,, but I'm not sure yet.. I want to see how the car drives with the 285s.

aj660
07-20-10, 11:00 PM
I have the CTS V Coupe on order, build date the week of 08/02/2010. I love every perspective look of it. However, I had the urge to order a new album.
Anjelah Johnson "That's How We Do It!" Track #12: Big Butt.

I just got my build date for 08/16/10. My dealer said I should have the car by the 1st week of September or maybe a bit sooner.

ericpd
07-21-10, 12:30 AM
The 305s look great because he lowered the car. If he didn't lower it, then the wheel well gap would be too big and it would look silly. I wish they made a 303.35.19, but they don't. The 305 only comes in 30.19 which means the car must be lowered and I'm not sure yet if we can lower our Coupes.

Do we want to lower the coupe to go with larger tires? I might go for it,, but I'm not sure yet.. I want to see how the car drives with the 285s.

Exactly, that's why I pointed to his thread specifically,... because he married the two mods: D3 lowering & 305's. Many people said the same when I came here asking about what to put on my rear,... I remember one member calling it the roller skate effect. Still I got the point. I ended up going with 295's, and I couldn't be happier. Back then, I was told that 295's were stretching the limit, now I'm hearing the guys in here even talking about 315's. Given the ZR1 is doing 335's on a set of 12 inch wheels. I dunno,... this tire stuff still confuses me. I just know that the 295's on my sedan look better than the 285's that came with it. Still,... not as good as Razorecko's!