: Transmission question

HALSRX
07-09-10, 07:17 AM
Last week I traded in my 07 SRX for a 2010 SRX. The trans feels harsh when down shifting. It is especially noticeable when it downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear. Has anyone else experienced this with their SRX? Thanks for the input.

Likely
07-09-10, 10:59 AM
HALSRX.........Yes, that is the way my does as well...It isn't really that rough but, you can sure feel it when it downshifts. It doesn't seem to be a problem. You will get used to it.

Enjoy your new ride!!!!!!

Likely

jcarlilesiu
07-09-10, 12:07 PM
Remember also that most new cars electronics learn how individual drivers tend to drive and then adjust the car to be more adaptive.

For instance, when my BMW would go into the shop to have work done, following a software update or disconnecting the batter for some time, the car would always seem to drive harsher, especially with shifting. Over time though, after the car learned how I drove, it smoothed out.

The cadillac does the same. It seemed harsh when I first bought it, but now the tranny seems so unnoticeable that I love it.

sube5186
07-09-10, 12:47 PM
Remember also that most new cars electronics learn how individual drivers tend to drive and then adjust the car to be more adaptive.

For instance, when my BMW would go into the shop to have work done, following a software update or disconnecting the batter for some time, the car would always seem to drive harsher, especially with shifting. Over time though, after the car learned how I drove, it smoothed out.

The cadillac does the same. It seemed harsh when I first bought it, but now the tranny seems so unnoticeable that I love it.

:thumbsup:

This is ABSOLUTELY true! I mentioned this in another thread (buried somewhere deep in this forum). The SRX "learns" your driving style and over time will adapt the transmission shift points accordingly. The change is gradual, and I can't tell you exactly when it will occur. But one day you'll suddenly notice the car shifts completely differently.....much more smoothly. I think the salespeople are remiss in not explaining this. Just from some of the comments I've read, I can guarantee you they've lost sales based on test driver's initial impressions of the SRX's shifting.

Page 18 of the SRX Brochure -

"The SRX comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission that analyzes both your driving style and the situation to select the optimal gear."

Sube

algiorda
07-09-10, 01:01 PM
I find the "adaptive" transmission thing very mysterious. I've had my new SRX for two weeks; yet I don't even notice the transmission that's how smooth and quiet it shifts. However, I must say that I am babying my X while it's in break in period which may bear out the "adaptive" assertion.

embassy
07-09-10, 02:43 PM
Have had my SRX for a week today and noticed somewhat jerky downshifting and upshifting as for the first few days. However, for the past couple of days all of sudden the upshifting seems to be very smooth (same route driven). The downshift from 3rd to 2nd for me seems to be very aggressive, but I am finding that I am using my brakes less.

HALSRX
07-18-10, 10:32 AM
After 500 miles the trans is definatley shifting smoother! As sube5186 posted, the sales people should tell their customers about the adaptive shifting.

TheCaptain
07-18-10, 12:51 PM
It also adapts back fast too. The last few days i've been more agressive with my driving, and just in tour mode the shifts have hardened up a bit. :D