: Squeak (rattle) over driver side in roof

Poindexter
07-08-10, 04:21 PM
My 2007 Escalade developed a rattle in the roof right above my head. I took it to the dealership and they could not figure it out. After rooting around in the roof liner for months, I finally figured out that the noise was coming from the aluminum support brace that runs from one side of the sunroof to the other to support the rear dvd screen. I took a piece of rubber hose and jammed it between the brace and the roof strut and that fixed the problem.

LeftLane
07-08-10, 05:04 PM
Wonder if they are willing to pay you for fixing your own truck when they can't find the problem.

jpatt49
07-08-10, 05:24 PM
I had the same rattle in my 2009. They replaced a couple of clips I believe and the noise has mostly went away. I hear it every now and then when I first drive it in the morning, but its gone after a mile or two.

hcvone
07-09-10, 07:01 AM
My 2007 Escalade developed a rattle in the roof right above my head. I took it to the dealership and they could not figure it out. After rooting around in the roof liner for months, I finally figured out that the noise was coming from the aluminum support brace that runs from one side of the sunroof to the other to support the rear dvd screen. I took a piece of rubber hose and jammed it between the brace and the roof strut and that fixed the problem.

Yea my second 07' I had to remove the headliner because a wiring harness from the rear dome light would bounce off the headliner in the winter and make this banging noise, and it was a real pain to remove.