: Trip to the Stealership

Pjazz
07-08-10, 03:32 PM
I have a 2007 STS that I bought at about 46000 miles 2 months ago. It has a CPO Warranty. About a week after I bought the car I noticed a piece of insulation hanging underneth the car i removed a small piece of it.
It was was connected to a larger piece that was tword the center of the car.

2 months later I brought the car in for service and had asked them to look at the loose insulation and they tell me that the whole piece needs to be replaced and that I probably ran over something that damaged it. So it'll cost me $189

I told them I saw the damage a few days after I bought the car and I'd know if I hit something or not. I then ask them what is inspected on a certified vehicle. He mumbled something about saftey items. BS! This is something that was missed when I bought the car. And even if I did hit something after only 2 months you'd think they'd handle it. I did'nt buy the car at this perticular dealer but I'm a bit ticked at there excuse.

Then they try and sell me over $300 worth of regular maintenance I need at 50,000 miles.:mad:

dkozloski
07-08-10, 06:17 PM
I have a 2007 STS that I bought at about 46000 miles 2 months ago. It has a CPO Warranty. About a week after I bought the car I noticed a piece of insulation hanging underneth the car i removed a small piece of it.
It was was connected to a larger piece that was tword the center of the car.

2 months later I brought the car in for service and had asked them to look at the loose insulation and they tell me that the whole piece needs to be replaced and that I probably ran over something that damaged it. So it'll cost me $189

I told them I saw the damage a few days after I bought the car and I'd know if I hit something or not. I then ask them what is inspected on a certified vehicle. He mumbled something about saftey items. BS! This is something that was missed when I bought the car. And even if I did hit something after only 2 months you'd think they'd handle it. I did'nt buy the car at this perticular dealer but I'm a bit ticked at there excuse.

Then they try and sell me over $300 worth of regular maintenance I need at 50,000 miles.:mad:
The only legitimate list of required maintenance for your car is in your owner's manual. Any other list is designed to service you rather than the car.

EChas3
07-08-10, 09:04 PM
Here's a checklist of items the are *supposed* to be checked before a car qualifies for CPO. In practice, dealers often treat CPO as just an extended warranty. If your CPO is from prior the terms change in 2009, you have a better bargining position.

GM took it down from their site. If someone here is good at internet 'wayback machines' they may find a better image than this.