: cadillac taxi service

eyekandyboats.inc
07-08-10, 04:13 PM
hello all.
i headed out to dartmouth Halifax for a wedding, i am staying for about 5 days to explore the city and stuff... i rented a Impala LT with a 3.5 liter engine.. its ball-less and the inside of this thing is crap.. but at least there is a taxi service i like..
down town there is one taxi service that has a fleet of Cadillacs ( roughly 20-35 cadillacs) they are all Devilles or DTS's from about 1996- 2009 cars.. every one a Cadillac!
i will try to get a picture of the lot tomorow. it was cool to see!
thanks that is all
:p

Stingroo
07-08-10, 04:17 PM
Hey that's where my girlfriend is from. Cool.

Cadillac taxi service sounds pretty legit too.

EcSTSatic
07-08-10, 04:23 PM
I have about 5000 miles in Impala LT and LTZ rentals. They have a huge trunk. For the reasons I rent, I would go back to them. Not enough cupholders though.

When I was in Hong Kong 30+ years ago the taxis were all Mercedes. They drive on the wrong side of the road!

orconn
07-08-10, 04:34 PM
I have about 5000 miles in Impala LT and LTZ rentals. They have a huge trunk. For the reasons I rent, I would go back to them. Not enough cupholders though.

When I was in Hong Kong 30+ years ago the taxis were all Mercedes. They drive on the wrong side of the road!

30+ years ago most of the taxis in the world were Mercedes!

eyekandyboats.inc
07-08-10, 04:43 PM
yes. there are no cup holders in the back seats ! whats up with that.
and yes i will agree the trunks are large... but i dislike how you open the trunk... there is no handle outside of it.. you have to put your fingers under the trunk lid.. where there is alot of dirt and stuff... i wish it was spring assisted like a cadillac trunk

Aron9000
07-08-10, 04:52 PM
25-30 N* taxi's, WOW!!! Glad I don't have to maintain that fleet. Around here, nobody uses Deville/DTS's. Its all Town Cars, because they are cheap to fix and run forever. Some of the limo drivers at work are running around with 200k+ on their Townies, would never guess it based on the appereance of the cars.

As far as SUV's go, lots of Expiditions, Suburbans, and a few Escalades in the livery service.

ben.gators
07-08-10, 09:00 PM
Wow, N* taxi, :D I like it! But I bet that is a very expensive fleet to maintain! Around here most of the taxis are ford crown police interceptor, plus some of those new green colored Toyota Pirus, and dozen of Lincoln Town Car.
But I have seen a Fourth Generation SLS in the city! That is the only N* powered cab in the whole area!

Rolex
07-10-10, 07:59 PM
I mentioned seeing a CTS as a taxi last time I was in Vegas.

There's a local hotel that has 5-6 black DTS with dark tinted windows that they use to shuttle people back and forth to the airport. The black/black DTS are very sharp IMO.

97EldoCoupe
07-11-10, 09:00 PM
Hey Taylor how's your trip going? Have fun on your vacation man-