: 2009-2011 CTS-V V2 Gathering?

TMC CL65
07-08-10, 11:50 AM
I (and a few others) were interested in setting up a meet/road course/drag strip gathering of V2 owners. We were looking for some ideas as far as a location that would appeal to the most people. The thoughts bounced around were that the facility would have both a road course and a 1/4 mile strip. We would like to have it geographically located in some sort of central location so maybe the midwest, north east and south east owners would be able to all participate without too much of a trip. I think the West Coast V2's might have their own meet for now. Any ideas or suggestions?

Tom

cadigo's
07-08-10, 09:17 PM
What part of Md are you in? I'm in white marsh. If a big meet doesn't work out, maybe a local could work.

rjoffe
07-08-10, 11:31 PM
Why exclude the V1's :D

baabootoo
07-09-10, 12:17 AM
Why exclude the V1's :D

True.

How about Indy?

thebigjimsho
07-09-10, 12:50 AM
True.

How about Indy?
I had thought about a National V Owners Convention and it would definitely be in Indy. Putnam Park is close and Indianapolis Raceway Park has the 1/4 miles strip. Plus, the area is very car friendly, there is Indianapolis Motor Speedway and a lot of other stuff to do. Plus, it's in the middle of the country.

Hawkeye2
07-09-10, 06:22 AM
There is also the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky.

They have hosted our Camaro gathering. Lots of nearby hotels, nice
country drives, race track nearby, and we can tour the Vette plant.

Just a thought.

CIWS
07-09-10, 07:18 AM
Folks rarely choose a central location, they tend to choose one that's "central" to them. So you still end up with what is essentially a regional meet anyway.

Umrswimr
07-09-10, 08:38 AM

Just a thought.
BG is a good idea.

wfo
07-09-10, 05:09 PM
BG a great idea.

Mikevette
07-09-10, 06:03 PM
Lets set a date and see how many of us are willing to drive and hookup for a weekend of fun and cold brews.

Mike

V&Vette
07-09-10, 09:20 PM
This would give me a perfect excuse to take some time off. I'm on Long Island but would be willing to travel somewhat to meet up for a weekend.

shchow
07-10-10, 08:56 AM
May I suggest the founding capital of our country, Philadelphia :)

Not to mention it is only 20 minutes from where I live...

roarkb
07-10-10, 09:38 AM
BG a great idea.

I would be in for Bowling Green. They host several of these types of events. I am sure someone at the Corvette Museum could help with the organization.

garfin
07-10-10, 11:47 AM

Just a thought.

Yup! Definitely had some great times at the NCM at our Camaro/Firebird events! The event staff at the NCM have a ton of experience and put on a very well organized event.
Don't forget that the NCM is also building a motorsports park on recently purchased land that will include a road course and drag strip. It would be an incredible coup to get an annual V gathering on the NCM's event calendar and be able to take full advantage of all their facilities.
I'd sure be in for BG event - been going to events there since 2001 and always had a great time!

Best regards,

Elie

TMC CL65
07-10-10, 11:53 AM
What part of Md are you in? I'm in white marsh. If a big meet doesn't work out, maybe a local could work.

I am in Rockville. We should do a local one anyway.

It looks like BG is a popular choice. It is about a 1,400 mile round trip for me.I'd probably have to schedule a couple of days off from work to comfortably do the trip around a weekend.

Tom

newcadman
07-10-10, 03:28 PM
And, of course a bonus feature of Bowling Green might be if we can get forum member GARFIN to give a road course clinic based on what he learned from his recent GM Canada sponsored Mosport Park road course visit ?
As well, I'm sure members would also very much appreciate hearing him expand on his rather intimate familiarity and working knowledge of the Lansing plant where the V's are built of course.

cadigo's
07-10-10, 05:53 PM
I would be in for either or both Tom. I don't see many v's around here and it would be nice to meet some of you guys. Dan.

GizmoQ
07-11-10, 12:37 AM
Looks like Bowling Green to me. Someone set a date and lets go!

Soggy Dollars
07-11-10, 09:24 AM
My vote would be Bowling Green. Been to a Z06 event there in 03. There were several vendors and they brought in a tuner from Florida. Even Had a dyno set up at the Corvette museum . Had all kinds of aftermarket parts available. They also offered installation on alot of the parts.

Hawkeye2
07-11-10, 10:21 AM
I think sometime in September. If we can get an idea of how many would be interested, I'll call Adam. I am also a member of the Corvette Museum.

Can someone here start a poll for a week, then I shall call him.

dqw1
07-11-10, 10:27 AM
About 180 miles from me. I'm in if it's before October.

garfin
07-11-10, 04:28 PM
I think sometime in September. If we can get an idea of how many would be interested, I'll call Adam. I am also a member of the Corvette Museum.

Can someone here start a poll for a week, then I shall call him.

I don't know if Adam is still part of the events staff. If not, I believe Roc is still heading up that department.

This year, the weekend of Sept 9, 10, 11 shows open. Don't know yet if that weekend is available still in 2011.

Best regards,

Elie

JFJr
07-17-10, 02:56 PM
Bowling Green is a great idea, but we poor souls in the southeast have to deal with love bug swarms on the road from the middle of September until the middle-end of October every year. They are among the most obnoxious insects on the planet and their acidic remains can damage our cars' paint if not removed. What about early November?

Jud

BeagleBrains
07-17-10, 03:52 PM
I and my wife have been to the NCM a couple of times. Great venue with the means for everything such a meet should provide.
However, getting into November, I may have to drive my Jeep in order to traverse the first snow fall in Iowa. :hmm:

concorso
07-18-10, 11:38 AM
Why exclude the V1's :DAnd the STS-V and XLR-V....Have a massive V meet.