: OK So now what....

rbu1
07-07-10, 09:16 PM
My local dealer has been kind enough to replace my chrome 22" rims because of the peeling issue. What can I do to help prevent this from happening again? Has anyone found a wax/polish that will protect these things????

hcvone
07-08-10, 06:29 AM
My local dealer has been kind enough to replace my chrome 22" rims because of the peeling issue. What can I do to help prevent this from happening again? Has anyone found a wax/polish that will protect these things????

Chrome peels or flakes off because the wheels were not prepped correctly, this is common when the lowest bidder supplies your wheels, I know when we supply customers wheels we always go to the lowest bidder, just kidding you get what you pay for. I had a wheel on one of my 2010's peeling the chrome in large pieces, I noticed it the first time I washed the truck with 200 miles on the speedo, and 115 of the miles was the ride home. "Waxing" will help against pitting and salt if you live in an area that gets snow, and keep the wheels pretty, synthetic waxes are the way to go because they will last many times longer than carnuaba waxes

rbu1
07-08-10, 12:21 PM
OK thanks again for the reponse.