: I Need A/C Help!

bigredmachine878
07-07-10, 08:13 PM
Hey guys I'm wondering if someone can help me out here...Yesterday I recharged the A/C on my brother's 02 Toyota Echo. The air blew cold and I thought everything was fine until he complained that while he was driving it got warm again. Today I went back to check the pressure and temperature and everything seemed fine until I sat in the car and steadily revved the engine. When I did this the compressor clutch cycled on and off quickly and over and over. The air was also not being cooled. When I let off the gas the compressor kicked back on and stayed on, which again cooled the air. I don't know what's causing the compressor to do this at higher rps while the car is being driven. The only thing I can think of is that the A/C belt squeals and may be slipping, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

C&C
07-08-10, 06:14 AM
It sounds as you may have overcharged the system and the high pressure sensor is turning off the compressor when revving the engine; I would try bleeding a little of the refrigerant out.

bigredmachine878
07-08-10, 10:12 PM
Thanks..I'll give this a try. The pressure matches the pressure that the refrigerant specifies at the ambient temp but I guess every car is different.