: SW Issue

giffygiffy
07-07-10, 12:46 PM
I am having several issues with what appears to be SW on my new SRX.

1 - AC controls (physical buttons and touch screen) stop responding and the AC blows warm/lukewarm air until car is restarted. I can't post links yet, but another member (Banc o man?) posted a youtube video of the exact problem they were having as well. Search YouTube for SRX A/C Issue

2 - NAV system became unusable/unresponsive to buttons etc after displaying a routing error while driving. Fixed by restarting car.

3 - XM would not tune in any stations the other day on a trip. No errors or signal issues. Again, fixed by restarting car.

The only thing I can think of is somehow being a software issue - are there any updates to be had out there in the dealer channel?

I have noticed the AC issue happen twice when i was pushing the AC buttons while the system was "booting" up. Perhaps that is it.

smiley47
07-07-10, 03:37 PM
At the very minimum, I'd say you need several software updates. Try to get it into the dealer SAP before you go crazy and start to hate the SRX. The software updates are surprisingly effective.

There are numerous "A/C problem" threads here you can review to check for similar symptoms.

giffygiffy
07-07-10, 04:34 PM
Thanks Smiley, it seems to be a couple of different things on the AC threads - 1 dealing with defects in the parts and this dealing with SW/controller issues.

Do you know if there are indeed updates to be had?

smiley47
07-07-10, 05:16 PM
Thanks Smiley, it seems to be a couple of different things on the AC threads - 1 dealing with defects in the parts and this dealing with SW/controller issues.

Do you know if there are indeed updates to be had?

I don't know about specific A/C softwate updates because thankfully I've had no such problems (hardly any problems at all) but I've read hundreds of instances on this blog where software updates have resolved a mutitude of issues.

giffygiffy
07-09-10, 11:38 AM
They looked up my car by VIN and said there were some updates that would be applicable. I drop it off Monday. I will post the results..

giffygiffy
07-14-10, 07:21 PM
Well, I said I would post the followup...

Dealer checked out my car and in spite of what i was told prior to coming in - there are "no" software updates available for my particular car. End result no chgs or anything - they kept trying to drive it around waiting for something to happen. I told them not to waste the gas doing that.

Does anyone know how to determine what versions of sw are on the vehicle so i can compare for myself as to what the latest is?

stevec5375
07-14-10, 07:54 PM
Well, I said I would post the followup...

Dealer checked out my car and in spite of what i was told prior to coming in - there are "no" software updates available for my particular car. End result no chgs or anything - they kept trying to drive it around waiting for something to happen. I told them not to waste the gas doing that.

Does anyone know how to determine what versions of sw are on the vehicle so i can compare for myself as to what the latest is?

http://tis2web.service.gm.com

giffygiffy
07-15-10, 10:43 AM
Thanks, I took a look at that site and it indicated what appeared to be the updates available for my car.

How can I determine what is on the car as it sits today? ie - is there a startup sequence I can do to have the nav screen display the versions? Some diagnostic tool needed?

I would like to be able to compare them - even though they assured me they had done so. The attitude seemed more like - we can't reproduce it, so we arent real sure it is happening.

stevec5375
07-15-10, 01:49 PM
I don't know of a way to check the current versions of the software installed on the SRX without having a computer with GM software installed on it. You would need to plug into the service port under the left side of the dash but w/o proper equipment it would be useless. I suppose you could ask your dealer to give you a printout of this info but I doubt they would do it.