: How to lose an early morning race

MacMuse
07-07-10, 12:15 PM
First of all - just kidding - no racing involved in this message.

But if I had been racing any takers on my drive to work today, I certainly would have lost. I pulled onto my local 6 lane suburban street for the morning crawl to work and found myself in the midst of ...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/MacMuse/CAR/42d24c94.jpg

Had to be at least 10 Porsches lined up with me. After staring at the silver one at the right edge of the above picture (license plate = CRBNCPY) I finally realized he was just one in a string of these gorgeous cars cruising along the road. They were all immaculate despite their likely drive in from Iowa and points west as out-of-state (vanity) plates were the norm. Most of the drivers were graying gentlemen with their wives (or perhaps partners in a couple cases), with just one under 40 in an older 911. I managed to pull up along side one at a stop light and found out they were a club heading up to Road America (http://www.roadamerica.com/) in Elkhart Lake, WI. I wished him enjoyable driving as they headed for I-294 tollway and the Wisconsin border. The RA website indicates a 'private event' for a couple days.

Jesda
07-07-10, 12:30 PM
I may be the only auto enthusiast who openly loves the Boxster. :)

dkozloski
07-07-10, 02:09 PM
I may be the only auto enthusiast who openly loves the Boxster. :)
I prefer the box they come in.

Aron9000
07-07-10, 06:19 PM
Hey MacMuse, your Cadillac would've laid the smack down if any of those guys were in a base model Boxter. The base models are less than 3.0 liters displacement flat six, and have anywhere from 200-250hp, depending on year.

gary88
07-07-10, 07:39 PM
I love Porsches :drool:

The new Boxster is quite impressive, specifically the S and Spyder.

CIWS
07-08-10, 08:17 AM
I love Porsches :drool:

The new Boxster is quite impressive, specifically the S and Spyder.

The new 2011 Spyder is pretty cool. Just wish it had about 25 more HP.

Florian
07-08-10, 09:43 AM
arent those Cayennes?

F

Jesda
07-08-10, 09:45 AM
arent those Cayennes?

F

Caymans

Florian
07-08-10, 02:00 PM
Caymans

thats what I meant...caymans. Thanks, Jesda

F

The Tony Show
07-08-10, 02:14 PM
The Boxter (and the Cayman) is just like the Miata- a light, fun and great handling car that has the bad luck of being popular among hairdressers and poseurs.

Aron9000
07-08-10, 03:58 PM
The Boxter (and the Cayman) is just like the Miata- a light, fun and great handling car that has the bad luck of being popular among hairdressers and poseurs.

The Porshes are a bit out of the budget of any hairdresser I know. Most hairdressers I know have really bad tastes/low budgets for cars, so they're stuck with a Grand Am or a Dodge Neon.