: Get Me a Housewarming Gift...

thebigjimsho
07-07-10, 02:10 AM
Hey guys, moving into a new house this week and came up with an idea for artwork. I don't want to fill the whole house with cars. But what I thought I might do is try to find prints or high-res pics of different tracks. More nature shots than track shots, but shots that will be familiar to those who have driven them.

So anyone have any good shots? Or know where to get them? Or any place that sells these types of prints??

kirchbed
07-07-10, 02:55 AM
So anyone have any good shots? Or know where to get them? Or any place that sells these types of prints??

Brandon/bneal has some great artsy shots of Summit that are more track/feel than car on car action. He's got a bunch more than he posted here. PM 'em.

rjoffe
07-07-10, 07:51 AM
Jim,

Congrats on the new house!

I would get a hold of RaceDayPhoto. He travels to quite a few tracks. I bet he can be talked into doing some subtle track shoots.

Ron

darkman
07-07-10, 09:16 AM
How about artwork?

Twitch
07-07-10, 09:31 AM
Oh man,,,,I thought I was driving up to MA for a house party/BBQ/pole-dancing competition. :rolleyes:

Congrats Jim

thebigjimsho
07-07-10, 09:39 AM
How about artwork?
There is one spot in the front entrance way that I'd like to do one of those. It's a shot of Monaco exiting the tunnel...

thebigjimsho
07-07-10, 09:44 AM
Oh man,,,,I thought I was driving up to MA for a house party/BBQ/pole-dancing competition. :rolleyes:

Congrats Jim
You can still pole-dance if you want to. Doug can come take pictures...

cvettr/cts-v
07-07-10, 02:17 PM
Congrats on the new place. I know you dont want nascar but on their site it looks like they have panoramic photos of all the tracks reasonably priced unframed of course. And they do do a couple road courses which may interest you. I'm sure you can print and blow up several just from the different tracks own websites.

rand49er
07-07-10, 04:18 PM
You can still pole-dance if you want to. Doug can come take pictures...Please don't poast any of 'em on here, though. :eek:

Hey, Jim, once you get a dozen or so track layouts on your walls, we'd all love to come by and see them. :thumbsup:

c4ss
07-07-10, 04:33 PM
Congrats! When's the housewarming party?

VforMe
07-08-10, 07:18 PM
Is it safe to assume you will be getting a suede couch for this new house?

thebigjimsho
07-09-10, 01:20 AM
I missed on that opportunity...

814V
07-09-10, 01:56 PM
Is it safe to assume you will be getting a suede couch for this new house?

I believe it is "swade"

bneal1022
07-10-10, 12:33 AM
i'm here.. pm me yo address. I'll send you dvd of my photos. i got several shots of summit point during the track walk that expose the key points of the track. those who drove there will recognize these fun spots. I have some examples up on google picasa.. here is the link. let me know. these images in their native form are 12megapix each - big for croping and editing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/113534093285020239359/VDay4#

I like several of my pics with 5 v noses in a row and the sunset track shots and the back shot of the guys walking the track with Andy Pilgrim directing.

i like the early shots in the group, and the very last one of the lined up Vs

rand49er
07-10-10, 10:00 PM
... - big for groping ...Fixed.