: ss springs

gillianwhittaker@xtr
07-05-10, 11:32 PM
Would love to lower the cadillac --86 brougham sedan say.... 2 to 3" .
The wheels are stock --problem there ?

Reading somewhere --ss forum ,I believe , The caprice , impala and ss springs are different. the ss sits lowest . What drop would I get with a set of ss lowering springs .

Any elucidation would assist . I am a little bamboozled by all this :crying2:.Don`t want airbags , maybe gas struts (what`s their advantage ?)

any help to help my troubled mind >?
thanks
mike :D

gillianwhittaker@xtr
07-05-10, 11:34 PM
AMENDMENT TO ABOVE

9c1 1" taller than caprice and caprice 1" taller than impala ss
mike

Stingroo
07-05-10, 11:40 PM
Don't get Impala LOWERING springs. Just get some stock Impala SS springs and call it a day, you'll get a nice subtle lowering effect that won't hurt your ass on bump and things like that. Plus it looks great.

gillianwhittaker@xtr
07-06-10, 03:36 AM
Don't get Impala LOWERING springs. Just get some stock Impala SS springs and call it a day, you'll get a nice subtle lowering effect that won't hurt your ass on bump and things like that. Plus it looks great.

thanks for the answer .

Is the drop 2" ?? I guess as long as it looks good really cos the ride is already ok
m,ike

Stingroo
07-06-10, 07:14 AM
csbuckn has Impala springs on his 500-powered Brougham. The drop is nice and classy (but remember his is sitting a bit lower because of the weight of the massive engine awesomeness).

Here's a pic:

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad196/csbuckn/IMAG0187.jpg

That should give you a good idea.

Angry Matt
07-06-10, 07:49 PM
Believe it or not, my car rides fairly well with the eibach springs. I would drive it every day if it weren't for the gas mileage and keeping it under 5k miles a year to beat emissions. It rides firm, like a lowered car, but not rough and bouncy like you see these import turds riding around town. It probably lowered the car about 4'' or so though.... It's pretty low, much more than I expected.

gillianwhittaker@xtr
07-07-10, 04:21 PM
csbuckn has Impala springs on his 500-powered Brougham. The drop is nice and classy (but remember his is sitting a bit lower because of the weight of the massive engine awesomeness).

Here's a pic:

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad196/csbuckn/IMAG0187.jpg

That should give you a good idea.

Thanks stingroo . Yes , re engine, well I will have a bb old engine in there .maybe only 100 lb lighter than the 500.
Guess I DON`T want to go any lower to avoid scraping a hole in the tank , exhaust.

Stingroo
07-07-10, 06:02 PM
Well then there you go. SS springs it is. :D

Can't wait to see pics of your project.

gillianwhittaker@xtr
07-07-10, 11:10 PM
Well then there you go. SS springs it is. :D

Can't wait to see pics of your project.

Can`t wait to post my pics --more complete .But the paint won`t be going on until summer --mid winter here and too cold to paint .(8 celsius )
Times are tough here too --workwise --so may have to hold off the rebore and head work until spring /summer also.--just in case no more work comes in .The phones are quiet .
Got all the bits n pieces except a couple o valves , cam bearings n my ss springs so very close blah de blah.
mike:D

Adrian12
07-08-10, 02:51 AM
does anybody know the height- different between original, ss springs and ss lowering springs?

would be great if everyone who has other springs can post the height from ground to frame or from ground to wheel housing....

in austria i can get vogtland ss lowering springs for less money, original ss springs i can only get in USA (shipping costs extremely high)

but i'm afraid of a too low car with the ss lowering springs....

thanks

adrian

Adrian12
05-20-11, 02:58 AM
so yesterday i installed the SS LOWERING springs, it was about 5cm overall lowering, and maybe after some time they will go down to 6 cm :P

great look and perfect fit :)

hope this link will work (facebook)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247500_218324308196487_100000567572500_829663_7507 622_n.jpg

Stingroo
05-20-11, 07:08 AM
That's quite nice. :)

MudAnt
05-20-11, 12:42 PM
How does it ride? Is cornering any better?

Adrian12
05-20-11, 03:48 PM
ride is smooth and soft, lil harder on bad ground than before but not much... cornering is much more better, i'd say much much muuuuuuch more better :D

in my opinion it's the best i did :)

i've not the feeling to change shocks but adjust the height sensor for leveling...

it's beautiful :)