sccarally
07-05-10, 10:48 PM
Has anyone here ever run a rally?

LashCTS
07-06-10, 05:06 PM
Be more specific, i.e. road, rally cross, pro solo, national tour, go solo, etc

50 4Ever
07-06-10, 06:48 PM
Not I, The closest one to me is in Nevada. They close off a section of highway and assign the cars to a class. The race is won by the closest person to class speed averaged over the course.

Here's a clip from an unlimited car going about 200 MPH...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB48d8A0cFU

sccarally
07-07-10, 11:47 PM
No, I am talking about a little local fun run, a drive in the country to some destination (race track, restaurant, vintage airfield, etc.) with fun competition along the way, finding certain signs or figuring out some puzzles. The fastest car usually loses, because they miss a clue by going too fast. Still, some of the country roads we choose are a challenge at the speed limit, so we have fun. Do you think anyone on this forum would like such a thing?

dowlatij
07-08-10, 02:15 AM
ohh you mean like gumball3000 or bullrun or goldrush, etc??

That is actually alot of fun, Id be down if it was by me!

LashCTS
07-08-10, 11:54 PM
Do you think anyone on this forum would like such a thing?

Don't know where you live, but be a leader in your area. The only way to find out is just start and keep advertising on a regular basis. Sooner or later you'll get others to help.

sccarally
07-10-10, 11:20 PM
Don't know where you live, but be a leader in your area. The only way to find out is just start and keep advertising on a regular basis. Sooner or later you'll get others to help.

Good advice, but I'm way beyond that. My club puts on 6-7 each year, and we hope some of you will come. Our next one ends at the Vintage Flying Museum in Ft Worth. See texasscca (dot) org/rally.html for details of our July 31 event, or pm me.