: Motor Mounts

Luvacatfight
07-05-10, 09:05 PM
My 2005 CTS-V "diesels" after shut down.

From what I've read on the forum, that means the liquid filled motor mounts are shot?

The wonderful car runs like a scalded cat. Is there any long term damage that may be done?

Thanks.

KaMaSuTrA
07-06-10, 01:51 AM
The rear end clunk will be noticable louder. Shifting gears will become even more notchier than before and you'll notice that the gears themselves will require more force to engage (syncro wear). You'll be putting more strain on the rear end cradle and diff bushing too. Probably more prone to wheel hop also. Get them fixed asap. If you choose to go OEM, they won't last too long depending on how you drive and weather conditions.

CancerJCC
07-06-10, 10:13 PM
If you choose to go OEM, they won't last too long depending on how you drive and weather conditions.

DON'T. OP call Max or Kristi at Creative Steel and never look back! (S/N Motormounts on here).

KaMaSuTrA
07-07-10, 12:50 AM
I have the Creative Steel Black Mounts and I'm very happy with them. :thumbsup:

Castro
07-07-10, 02:20 PM
Yep get the creative steel mounts but remember, not all of that shuddering is the engine rocking, it's also a friggin huge dual mass flywheel. Mounts will help a lot but you'll still feel it somewhat unless you get an aftermarket fw.