: A couple of interesting Escalade images I found on the web...

Lord Cadillac
07-05-10, 07:51 PM
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2442/cadillacescalade50woody.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7876/cadillacscalatasuper38.jpg

jwayne07
07-05-10, 08:14 PM
The second one looks like an SRX. kinda midsized looking.

kars79
07-05-10, 09:41 PM
i think second one is 7 seater Srx its on its way.
Might be the platinum edition of the same crossover i post the picture of couple weeks ago.
This one has more chrome,
Pic doesnt seem too real with chrome fender tho.

Escapade
07-05-10, 11:36 PM
Lord Save Us from seeing the first one on the streets......

lousy_investor
07-06-10, 12:42 AM
Lord Save Us from seeing the first one on the streets......

LOL.. my thought exactly.

As for the 7 seater SRX... my response is, why bother? I looked at all the other 7 seater SUVs on the market and decided that none worked. The only one that was marginally a possibility was the old Lexus GX. I could "un-recline" the middle bench to a straight upright position and the 3rd row would have some leg room. Other ones? I jumped inside the BMW X5 and my stomach hurt from bending down too far. The Q7 was ridiculous in the lack of cargo space. I doubt I could easily fit two sets of golf clubs with the 3rd row seat folded down! The new Lexus GX is a joke, with the middle row not able to fold down. I didn't try climbing to the back because acrobat wasn't my strong suit. The Infiniti QX was the only one that would work for us, but too bad it was too tall for my garage.

Needless to say, I LOVE my Escalade. :)

TSS
07-06-10, 09:22 AM
I actually like the first one. I still cannot help but stare at a nice older Wagoneer. Thanks for the photos, I had not seen either yet.

Todd

vfjdesign
07-06-10, 11:41 AM
The SRX is fine...I want no parts of the Griswold family truckster!!

SouthernCaddy
07-06-10, 07:32 PM
Frist one is UGLY!!! no fake wood sided truck for me. And the front is really bad!!

TSS
07-07-10, 09:26 AM
Frist one is UGLY!!! no fake wood sided truck for me. And the front is really bad!!

By all objective standards, the Family Truckster is heinous. Therefore, I cannot explain why I would seriously consider buying one. But I would. It just speaks to me like the Wagoneers did. I wanted one back then, but my wife talked me out of it, claiming it was disgusting with all that fake wood. Now, I may have a second chance.

mark v.
07-18-10, 01:05 AM
You guys that dont like the first one because of the wood,what about the basic design minus the wood?
Personally i like the design sans woodgrain.