: For those who have replaced tires...

caddiedrummer
07-04-10, 07:23 PM
I had my V on the lift today and was amazed at how the Stock Ps2s looked. I have one of the first 09 Vs and have 22,000 miles but about half of those are on Winter Pirellis. The Ps wear worse on the V than on 2 of my Vipers--don't know why.

Anyway, I have read here about the Hankooks etc. but the more I read it seems like best grip etc means going back to the Ps--at great expense.

Am I wrong? Is there something better? Thanks

baabootoo
07-05-10, 01:37 AM
Bridgetsone RE-11s. Half the price and just as sticky.

caddiedrummer
07-05-10, 08:23 AM
Bridgetsone RE-11s. Half the price and just as sticky.
Thanks--it is funny, Tirerack shows the Bridgestone RE50A fitting the V. I did see the RE-11 separately.

dons
07-05-10, 09:03 AM
I had my V on the lift today and was amazed at how the Stock Ps2s looked. I have one of the first 09 Vs and have 22,000 miles but about half of those are on Winter Pirellis. The Ps wear worse on the V than on 2 of my Vipers--don't know why.

Anyway, I have read here about the Hankooks etc. but the more I read it seems like best grip etc means going back to the Ps--at great expense.

Am I wrong? Is there something better? Thanks

I ditched my OEM V tires after 14,000 miles. I switched to KUMO's ECSTA SPT tires and love them. The cost was a little over $1,000 installed and balanced. Thet are quite and grip very well. I ran these tires at the Texas Mile clocking a little over 172 from a standing start. I have used them on my S Jagur R model and found them to be the right choice for the money. Good luck, DonS

BeagleBrains
07-05-10, 12:23 PM
I have substantially improved tire wear with a custom alignment, removing some of the toe-in and such. Great extention of tire wear mileage.