: A 4th of July salute to the LGR plant that builds our Vs

neuronbob
07-04-10, 03:24 PM
http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.com/cadillac-magazine/2010/06/22/escalade-cts-highly-ranked-in-j-d-power-initial-quality-study/

I just read this article today and found that not only is the CTS series rated highly in initial quality, the plant that builds it was the only U.S. plant recognized in the initial quality study.

Cadillac also took leadership honors in the manufacturing portion of the study. The Lansing (Mich.) Grand River assembly plant was the only U.S. plant to be recognized in the study. The plant, which produces the CTS Sport Sedan, CTS Sport Wagon and STS, received a Bronze Plant Quality Award. Lansing Grand River is adding production this year of the all-new 2011 CTS Coupe, which is being launched in late summer.

So I thought I'd give a 4th of July salute :patriot: to the men and women who bolt our Vs together at LGR. I know my car had no problems in the first 90 days and almost 16 months and almost 16k miles after purchase, no real problems of consequence.

Thanks, LGR guys and gals! I guess we Americans CAN design and build quality stuff after all when we put our minds to it. :) :patriot: I'm a past and current Honda owner, so I bought a Cadillac with much trepidation.....and now I can say that I'm trying to convince the wife to buy an SRX. I would not have thought this possible even two years ago.

Now if my V holds up well at 50k + miles like my Hondas, that will be the icing on the cake. I take VERY good care of my cars and so my hope is that the V will hold up well.

neuronbob
07-04-10, 03:54 PM
I don't see how I ruined my post by saying what I've owned?

I'm just congratulating on a job well done, and that they convinced this import owner to hand over 60 large, and if I can convince my wife, I can make another purchase. :) Many people in the CTS and especially the V forums come from foreign makes and had/have the same trepidation I did.

My post is to say...."come on in, the water's just fine!"

Happy Fourth to everyone!

newcadman
07-04-10, 04:40 PM
Where else but in the good old U.S.A. could you find a car with this much performance and luxury for the price?! A price I might add that is OVER $20,000 less than the BMW M series and the Mercedes AMG series and depending on whose opinion you solicit, the CTS-V either exceeds or matches these other fine automobiles.
So let's salute good old fashioned yankee ingenuity and engineering and give credit where credit is due!

garfin
07-04-10, 05:00 PM
Having been fortunate to have visited the Grand River facility in the past, I can tell you that the men and women involved in the production of our cars take an incredible amount of personal pride in the quality of the product they turn out. The positive, upbeat atmosphere and sense of pride that is so obvious in the plant is very comparable to that of the Bowling Green plant.

The plant is currently not working to capacity and these folks deserve to get another product assigned to that plant! I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for this!!

Happy 4th of July to all our American friends!:thumbsup:

Best regards,

Elie

BeagleBrains
07-04-10, 05:14 PM
I have participated in the World Class Driving experience twice. Most recently, last year in Minneapolis. Driving experiences include Ferarri, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ford GT, and Bentley. Their cost buys true extotic status.
However, my 2004 CTS V ranks closely in performance and ride capabilities.
The 2011 CTS V Coupe, soon to arrive at my home, will exceed the acceleration and speed capacities of all of these.
In my long life, I have always bought "American", assured that my neighbors continue to be employed. Given that the new V encompasses version of the ZR1 Corvette engine, I will enjoy performance exceeding all of the afore mentioned automobiles for a markedly lower price of admission.
Thanks to LGR quality production. Happy Independence Day!:D

JFJr
07-04-10, 05:25 PM
Good thoughts and I echo them!

What better way to celebrate July 4th than by driving the finest American sedan, ever. Keep up the good work GM plant workers, engineers and designers, and bring us more "V's" in the years to come!

Happy July 4th everyone and take it easy on the European competition. Ha haa!

Jud

GMX322V S/C
07-04-10, 05:47 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we could have an annual casual get together up there and extend an open invitation to the people that make our cars happen? From Mr. Piatek and former GMPD/HPVO colleagues to the LGR folks and LSA assemblers. I bet if they were to witness our appreciation first hand, they would be thrilled!

neuronbob
07-04-10, 05:54 PM
^^^^^^
I'd go. LGR is 3 1/2 hours from me.

What would be REALLY cool for V owners is an LGR delivery option, like with Corvettes. Fly in, pick up, make epic drive home.

newcadman
07-04-10, 06:50 PM
Based on forum member GARFIN's seemingly intimate knowledge and description of the Grand River facility and the workers , it would seem there might be further details of a visit that members might find interesting because I don't believe it has regular scheduled tours of the facility like Bowling Green.

Care to share.

Gary Wells
07-05-10, 12:17 AM
Excellent opportunity for those of you residing on the right coast to closely examine an award winning world class manufacturing facility / environment.

Marcuse12
07-05-10, 11:11 AM
Engine is made in Silas, Mexico....

BeagleBrains
07-05-10, 12:10 PM
What was the release date for the first "V" car?
That would be a great anniversary celebration date.
With enough interest, GM and LGR should develop a factory tour along with a Lansing, Michigan annual meeting of V Owners. I have been to a couple of Bowling Green Corvette events. Talking with people having the same interest, seeing historically significant models and concept cars. Talking with line production people, engineers and GM management for the V. Life would be good.
I am in! :bonkers:
I just retired, so I might possibly contribute my time to the development of such a celebration. Don't know what I am putting myself in for. :thepan:

neuronbob
07-05-10, 12:10 PM
Marcuse12.....
You mean Silao, Mexico....and the wheels are made in Taiwan......most V fans already know that.... :)

but my post is about the award-winning factory that puts it all together into the final product. :thumbsup: