: NavTeq 6.8 disc - car now thinks it is in Los Angeles?? (it's actually in Boston)

repenttokyo
07-04-10, 11:47 AM
I put the Navteq 6.8 disc in my V today, and after it initialized the car thought I was in LA (I am in Boston). I then tried to enter destinations outside the state of Michigan, and it wouldn't let me - it is stuck in Michigan. I ejected the disc, put back in my original Cadillac disc, and it's THE SAME THING!

Help! How can the GPS be that confused, even with the original disc back in the car? I didn't install any updates or anything - it's just a map disc.

repenttokyo
07-04-10, 11:55 AM
I did a little digging, and apparently if I drive around a bit it will 'relocate' me in the proper spot. Does this sound right to you guys?

Twitch
07-04-10, 12:38 PM
First thing you need to do is make sure your not in LA.
People tend to get lost, otherwise why would you need to update the disc.

Twitch
07-04-10, 12:40 PM
Just messing with you :D
Yes drive around and it will find itself. But you may need to update the firmware.

repenttokyo
07-04-10, 12:43 PM
lol i drove around for a bit and verified that there were no palm trees!

ChrisJon-V
07-04-10, 01:38 PM

THAT.......was funny!

Cobrahunter
07-05-10, 10:16 AM
has anyone ever updated their firmware? I been trying to do that but have been unsuccessful.

heavymetals
07-05-10, 10:21 AM
has anyone ever updated their firmware? I been trying to do that but have been unsuccessful.

A lot of people have, but you can only use the Cadillac update for the CTS and CTS-V.

The Nissan upgrade is for their system only.

50 4Ever
07-06-10, 08:46 PM

Yes, I updated the firmware on both my 2005 CTS-v and my daughter's 2005 CTS, both with the same disk. Took a little while but it worked, If you don't need the firmware upgraded the upgrade disk will simply eject and not give you any message...

:thumbsup:

fnipunk
07-09-10, 01:28 PM

:zing:

repenttokyo
07-09-10, 05:28 PM
got the firmware updated today thanks to HeavyMetals, new disc works great now :)