: Happy 4th to my CF friends!

Rolex
07-04-10, 11:48 AM
Just wanted to wish everybody a safe and happy 4th of July holiday. I hope your day is filled with lots of joy.

I'm going to update later with some pics of the baby back ribs I just threw on the Traeger and the sides to make you all hungry and jealous. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-04-10, 01:15 PM
Well my 4th is off to a great start, as I partied late last night and now woke up at 11.

Submariner409
07-04-10, 01:24 PM
A dozen #1 jimmies, corn on the cob, Bud longnecks in the washtub, some PBR (pop bottle rockets) and a 12 gauge. We gonna party !!!

Safely: we're not going anywhere near a highway today or tomorrow.

Stingroo
07-04-10, 01:29 PM
Going down to my cousin's house in about 3 hours to prep for our big fireworks show we put on. I'll take some youtube video of some of the good stuff maybe. :) It's an awesome show, we pretty much fire stuff off all night. Last year we had enough to go from about 9 PM to 1:30 AM. :thumbsup:

Rolex
07-04-10, 03:50 PM
So here's my progress: After 1 hour of hickory smoke + 3 hours of apple wood smoke @ ~ 190 degrees. I placed an apple juice bath into the pit to keep the air moist and basted them with the smoke infused apple juice every hour.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/photo-2-2.jpg

Now you could eat them just like this. They're already tender enough, but there's room for improvement:

A fist full of brown sugar rubbed onto each rack:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/photo-1-3.jpg

A slathering of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/photo-29.jpg

And I added about 1/2 cup of the smoke infused apple juice to the bottom of the foil, double wrapped them, put them back on and turned the heat up to high for 1 hour. After an hour I'm going to pull them off and put them in an ice chest for an hour to rest. :drool:

eta: sorry about including my toes in the pic. :D

gdwriter
07-04-10, 04:36 PM
Since I live in Independence, we put on a good fireworks show despite being a town of only 9,000. There was a show last night, and there'll be another tonight. Fortunately, I can get a good view of them from my neighbor's driveway rather than dealing with the crowds at the riverfront park downtown.

Will be grilling a steak and making Artie's Crash Hot Potatoes and corn-on-the-cob for dinner tonight.

V-Eight
07-04-10, 04:40 PM
Those.....look.....delicious!

Rolex
07-04-10, 05:32 PM
A big aluminum tub of baked beans topped with maple flavored bacon and brown sugar just went in the oven. I've procured a turkey fryer pot to use to boil the corn on the cob. I'm planning on adding burgers, hot dogs, and red skin potato salad to the mix too. The neighbor made 15# of pulled pork and smoked a few pork tenderloins.

My mouth is already starting to :drool: and I'm ready for some fireworks. :D

77CDV
07-04-10, 07:38 PM
Happy Fourth to all! :)

YouTube- US National Anthem by the Academy Choirs

gdwriter
07-04-10, 09:18 PM
Got my steak, taters and corn at the grocery store, and our fresh, local raspberries are in season, so I got a tub of those, plus vanilla ice cream to put under them.

93DevilleUSMC
07-04-10, 10:33 PM
Happy Independence Day to you as well, Rolex, and may I say, you look like you do some epic BBQ!

Stingroo
07-05-10, 01:04 AM
Happy 4th everyone. I have some vids on my FB of some of our fireworks show at home. :)