: Why no rear cooled seats??

intheb0x
07-04-10, 03:45 AM
Just wondering since 2nd gen Platinum editions had rear heated/cooled seats, now the 3rd gens 2007+ only have fronts cooled thats optional.

ive looked at the new Platinum editions and the option isnt available either..

why??

is GM just getting cheaper and cheaper? ive heard about how the new models have gotten more vinyl and less leather and so on...

its kind of sad.

intheb0x
07-04-10, 03:50 AM
Also, on the 2nd gens the whole LED strip was used in the brake light...

in the 07+ current gen the whole strip is there, and it appears the whole unit is LEDs, but when the brake is applied only half of it lights up.

i loved the look of the whole strip, it made the escalade stand out...

intheb0x
07-04-10, 04:42 AM
Also, no more power folding 2nd row seats???:(

chris12
07-10-10, 07:58 PM
Also, no more power folding 2nd row seats???:(

I have a power folding 2nd row bench in my '07. I was a bit dissapointed about the 2nd row not being cooled though.

intheb0x
07-10-10, 11:10 PM
I have a power folding 2nd row bench in my '07. I was a bit dissapointed about the 2nd row not being cooled though.

the power folding option is gone in 09+ even on the platinums :(

CadX6
07-11-10, 12:58 PM
the power folding option is gone in 09+ even on the platinums :(

Funny - I guess those rocker switches on the door pillars next to my 2nd row captain's chairs on my 09 (built 10/09) are just figments of my imagination. Although, every time I push one of them the seat makes a whole bunch of noise & jumps forward & up :stirpot:

intheb0x
07-11-10, 02:06 PM
Funny - I guess those rocker switches on the door pillars next to my 2nd row captain's chairs on my 09 (built 10/09) are just figments of my imagination. Although, every time I push one of them the seat makes a whole bunch of noise & jumps forward & up :stirpot:

rather its on your model or not, the option is GONE in any new model SUV that GM makes, rather it be a LTZ or a platinum edition.

zach2011
07-11-10, 03:47 PM
Ours has it, but the overhead console buttons for that feature have been removed...the pillar buttons are still there though..

intheb0x
07-11-10, 04:29 PM
i must be confused, so they removed the buttons NOT the feature...

i see.

thanks for clarifying.

intheb0x
07-11-10, 04:30 PM
how is everyone with 2010 and up liking the active fuel management?

does it actually help with mpg?

CadX6
07-12-10, 11:27 AM
rather its on your model or not, the option is GONE in any new model SUV that GM makes, rather it be a LTZ or a platinum edition.

I'm just yanking your chain..... I was aware that the power fold wasn't available on the 10's. My point was that they are on the 09's. It is kind of strange though that they took the power fold buttons off the overhead console - guess maybe too many drivers were surprising their back seat passengers :lildevil:.
It's getting to be a full time job trying to keep up with what Cadillac has added / subtracted to each new model year (without any apparent logical reason). One of the reasons I got one of the last 09's instead of a '10 was that the rain sense wipers were more important than the USB connection. It rains a bunch here this time of year & the PA20 from USASpec handles the iPod / iPhone very nicely.