: Flushed the clutch with Castrol SRF.

PISNUOFF
07-03-10, 07:17 PM
Just flushed My clutch with Castrol SRF yesterday. My pedal was staying on the floor during high rpm shifts, again. It would start doing it every 4-5 weeks with Motul 600. Hopefully this stuff will last longer. I'm hoping at least twice as long since it's twice as expensive, $75 for a litre.

nmaier2201
07-03-10, 08:07 PM
Just flushed My clutch with Castrol SRF yesterday. My pedal was staying on the floor during high rpm shifts, again. It would start doing it every 4-5 weeks with Motul 600. Hopefully this stuff will last longer. I'm hoping at least twice as long since it's twice as expensive, $75 for a litre.

what's the wet and dry boiling point? I'm just curious what 75 bucks gets you.. I just had to flush mine again... but up till now I've been a big motul fan. I'm more than happy to pay twice as much to get another 100 degrees with the motul vs that regular dot3/4 stuff

AG'S-V
07-03-10, 08:33 PM
I use ATE Super Blue...been like butter ever since, you have a stock clutch?

mitchntx
07-04-10, 01:30 AM
SRF is the sh!t.

I put it my Firebird road race car on the track in early 06.

SRF went in on day 1 and I have never flushed it since. I crack the bleeders when compressing pistons for a pad change, but that's it.

repenttokyo
07-04-10, 10:38 AM
what's the wet and dry boiling point? I'm just curious what 75 bucks gets you.. I just had to flush mine again... but up till now I've been a big motul fan. I'm more than happy to pay twice as much to get another 100 degrees with the motul vs that regular dot3/4 stuff

it is absolutely the best brake fluid on the market.

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9021702&contentId=7040556

PISNUOFF
07-04-10, 03:58 PM
The wet boiling point is supposed to be higher than motul 600. From what castrol claims, the water chemically reacts with the srf and doesn't harm it that much.

I have an LS7 clutch and my motul 600 is black after 4-6 weeks causing my clutch pedal to stay on the floor at high rpms.

nmaier2201
07-04-10, 11:54 PM
The wet boiling point is supposed to be higher than motul 600. From what castrol claims, the water chemically reacts with the srf and doesn't harm it that much.

I have an LS7 clutch and my motul 600 is black after 4-6 weeks causing my clutch pedal to stay on the floor at high rpms.

I'm going to have to try it as well. I also have the LS7 and am having the same issue... mine only pops up every couple months though... not every 4-6 weeks.