: D3 tvs supercharger!

Psycho-albanian
07-03-10, 07:36 PM
Anyone have any info about the new supercharger that d3 is working on right now. I want to know what kind of boost it'll make compared to the old eaton one on our cars. Also i hope i can still use my 1.5 intake with the new supercharger. I was gonna get the snakebite port done but after hearing about this new blower i'm gonna wait until more info comes out about it.:D

cad08stsv
07-03-10, 10:35 PM
I think you need to talk to James about that, since they are developing it.
My conversation with him lead me to believe that you would make more
power and boost as will as making a whole new adjustable Blower.
This blower is a whole different system than what exsist now with the
eaton blower now on our cars. BUT it is not just the blower you will be
dealing with. Consider intake manifold, Heads Valves more than likely Rods
(Foruged not powdered) and likely a variable asortment of newly designed
parts. In this case my friend you are looking at some rather large bucks.
If that is not an issue than call the man. I have and after listening to him
list to parts that will be needed and the cost. more than likely 8 to 10K
with labor and that they will be the only sourse for replacement parts.
(Not that the blower or other parts will break) This is what you are in for.
Even now with just upgrading the exsisting blower I am taking a chance
of fix and replace parts not under warranty. I am willinng to do this with
that understanding, You always break parts when you race. Hope this helps
Russell :duck:

Psycho-albanian
07-03-10, 11:40 PM
I'm not looking to build a 9-10 sec 1/4 mile car i just want a better blower than what we have on our car. I'm torn between getting the snake bite done or just slapping a better blower on the v. I will be getting the intercooler upgrade during the fall. Really all i want is a low 12 sec car.

PGA2B
07-04-10, 12:11 AM
I'm not looking to build a 9-10 sec 1/4 mile car i just want a better blower than what we have on our car. I'm torn between getting the snake bite done or just slapping a better blower on the v. I will be getting the intercooler upgrade during the fall. Really all i want is a low 12 sec car.

If that is your goal, then I would say get the snakebite, associated mods, and a tune. Our cars are 13.2 in stock form.:thumbsup:

BTW: When you are ready for the intercooler upgrade get the 12318 Perma-cool for the radiator with fans. They run around $199 from Summit and Jegs. It is the same thing you will get elsewhere but they will charge you twice the price.

jedhead
07-08-10, 03:51 AM
When I visited D3 a few months ago, they were creating a new casting for the bigger blower. I believe the new casting is going to drive up the price of this new blower set up. James is installing a twin turbo set up on a STS-V feeding the supercharger. I know GM has done this turbo feeding a supercharger set up on their diesels, but I am not sure how all the heat going into the engine will be removed.

Bob

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-08-10, 08:53 AM
I would think they would cool the intake charge with a water to air or air to air intercooler prior to going into the TB/blower. Sure you loose some PSI doing this but the Turbo's will more than make up for that loss.

PGA2B
07-08-10, 09:19 AM
I am positive they will also do Meth injection also. They love the Meth:D

BlownV
07-08-10, 11:53 AM
And for good reason...its almost as powerful at C16 fuel with a fraction of the cost and offers secondary benefits like cleaning as well.

I know people in the turbo car community that have gained over 150whp on pump gas with meth/water injection.