: Angel Eye headlights in a 96FWB?

durrk johnson
07-03-10, 02:44 PM
Is this possible? Or am I just way too high?

If so, how could I do itttt!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380139246764&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=dc0f000d11e0a0e20464b424ff090940&rvr_id=&ua=WXF%3F&itemid=380139246764

Check out that link! They state they fit all 96, caprices, impalas, and roadmasters.

BUt wait a second. Do these even work like regular headlights?

Stingroo
07-03-10, 04:20 PM
I don't know but I think I want some. LOL

csbuckn
07-03-10, 04:23 PM
they do work on your car. Choppinblades has some on his car

CadillacPimpinNOLA
07-03-10, 07:01 PM
AAC yea they are from Metairie, La, guys do A++ work and stand behind everything 100%

The-Dullahan
07-04-10, 12:56 AM
From what I have been told, they add 75 horsepower.

My understanding is that you mount them to your headlights and then wire them to the parking lights, therefore keeping your standard bulb, just adding a light around it. Not really visible at night with the headlights on, facing dead-on as the headlights are too bright, yes, but with the PARKING lights on, you too can be the first on your block to bring your car into the world of random gadgetry.

The-Dullahan
07-04-10, 01:10 AM
Headlights in the OVEN. MMMMMmmm

I don't know about that, but lightbulbs of basically any kind work great when cooked in your microwave oven.

durrk johnson
07-04-10, 10:28 AM
75 HP?! awesomeeeee!

I want them. hahaha

So I would have to dissemble my headlights and mount them to fir around my current bulbs?

The-Dullahan
07-04-10, 01:03 PM
Basically yes. I checked the auction, it has an installation video at the bottom. You need an Oven.

durrk johnson
07-04-10, 03:11 PM
Basically yes. I checked the auction, it has an installation video at the bottom. You need an Oven.

Whats an oven?

Stingroo
07-05-10, 12:07 AM
Ask a woman. :lol:

The-Dullahan
07-05-10, 12:13 AM
Whats an oven?

Let me talk to your Mum, she forgot to teach you something.

Yeah, basically, what you're doing is melting the sealant of the headlight housing by putting it in an oven. Sounds AWESOME.

You can also paint the shells, like in the video, where they went all MARAUDER style and painted them black, but why you'd put black headlight housings on a white car like in the video, is beyond me. Maybe hey plan to paint the car later on, particularly the hood, as angel-eye headlights are typically on the same cars that have their hoods painted black for the Carbon-fiber look, though that is slowly being killed off by the Rusty Hood Trend (Wannabe Ratrodders)...

The most Headlight modding I'm into with my car are my Wig-Wags and occasionally playing with my funeral headlights, but eyes may look good on your car and they will certainly be fairly unique (I've never seen them on a FWB)

What colour is your FWB?

durrk johnson
07-05-10, 02:57 AM
My FWB is black, w/ dark window tint.

I think it would look great on my car, but then again, i dont want to burn any headlight sealant or anything like that.

The-Dullahan
07-05-10, 03:23 AM
My FWB is black, w/ dark window tint.

I think it would look great on my car, but then again, i dont want to burn any headlight sealant or anything like that.

Technically, you are just heating it to the point it gets soft and squishy then resealing it. The main focus (as pointed out in this video and on a Grand Marquis my Father once owned) is that you have to make sure that you realign it perfectly, meaning any denting done to the headlight housing must be straightened out before remounting the lens. All-in-all this seems to be a fairly simply mod, though I do not for the life of me understand why there isn't a DC version of this kit running on fiber optic that requires no inverter.

Cadillacboy
07-05-10, 10:21 AM
They look hideous however I would like to have LED DRLs in my ride in shape of bar just above park lamps or so

CadillacPimpinNOLA
07-05-10, 01:26 PM
depends on your vehicle color to look right, here producer mannie fresh old camaro they done red halos in. looks clean off then accents nicely at night

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/IMAGE_128.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr46/aacebaystore/20092010CamaroSSCustomHeadlightsHal.jpg

The-Dullahan
07-05-10, 02:08 PM
I really hate these new Camaros.

What ever happened to the Camaro being a Lady's car?

Even today, now that I think about it, I have never personally met anyone who OWNS one of these NEW Camaros that ISN'T a girl, but I know there are men out there who drive them. I sat in one once, felt really claustrophobic.

That and they're Fugly...and the Trans Am was always better, primarily for being a Pontiac.

Stingroo
07-05-10, 02:11 PM
WTF? The new Camaro is hot.

The-Dullahan
07-05-10, 02:21 PM
WTF? The new Camaro is hot.

I've always preferred the Chevelle over the Camaro, but even so, maybe it's just that being a Pennsylvanian, I will always be partial to Rat Rods and enormous Luxury Sedans and the occasional steam-powered engine.:bonkers:

durrk johnson
07-05-10, 02:49 PM
Man, it seems like some of you guys on these forums lately have sand in your vaginas...

Well, I personally think they would make my car look super mean, and I like that...

I just dont know if Im ready to do this mod, as I dont think I would do it correctly nor am I sure about messing up my headlights. hahaha

durrk johnson
07-05-10, 03:09 PM
Heres some pics of my ride.

I think it would look great but am not really sure like I said about the melting of the headlight housing and whatever ovens you speak of. hah. I would like to get some 17 inch sport rims like 96fleetwood had on his...

csbuckn
07-05-10, 03:38 PM
can you get them in a square design? I don't know if I would do circle.

The-Dullahan
07-05-10, 04:48 PM
can you get them in a square design? I don't know if I would do circle.

You could fabricate a set fairly simply, but I suppose you would have to glue it to the inside of the light, as there isn't much to mount it on.

Your car looks good that way, but with all that crystal-clear airspace in the lights, if you want the lights to actually set the car off, you may actually want to paint everything in there that you don't need black, so the halos stand out, however, since most of what is on that piece of the headlight is reflector, I suspect it would effect your headlights' performance in at least a slight degree.

Stingroo
07-05-10, 05:13 PM
Idunno, I say convert to HID's and call it a day.

BossHoggin'
07-05-10, 06:33 PM
yeah i think you should get HID's too. Sorry to hijack this thread but did you ever get those shocks put on durrk?

durrk johnson
07-05-10, 07:40 PM
yeah i think you should get HID's too. Sorry to hijack this thread but did you ever get those shocks put on durrk?

HEy whats up man?
HIDs would be sweet. How could I do that?

About the shocks... Luckily JIMthefleetwoodguy was able to hook me up with a piece to fix my air level and I havent got to getting to them because Im not sure where to go to get them installed. Another thing, my air level works now, but my right side is lower than my left in back leading me to believe that shock is dead.

Stingroo
07-05-10, 07:51 PM
HID's are easier to do than the angel eyes.

And cheaper.

And brighter.

And look more factory.

(I like HID's lol)

durrk johnson
07-05-10, 07:53 PM
HID's are easier to do than the angel eyes.

And cheaper.

And brighter.

And look more factory.

(I like HID's lol)

What kind of kit do you recommend?

Stingroo
07-05-10, 08:01 PM
www.ddmtuning.com Check them out. :)

Bulbs from 3000-12000k for under $100 full kit. :

durrk johnson
07-05-10, 11:57 PM
www.ddmtuning.com Check them out. :)

Bulbs from 3000-12000k for under $100 full kit. :

What kit do I get?

The-Dullahan
07-05-10, 11:58 PM
HID's?

I'd convert if I saw any positive to them, but we have these weird lamps to light the roads in Florida (Such a backwards country...) and I have never seen a set that is the same colour as my own lights, and why would I want lights in any other colour (Besides my seldom-used Funeral lights)

Still going to check out Sting's link...

Stingroo
07-05-10, 11:59 PM
HID's are nice because they're extra bright. They're a welcome appearance mod to almost any car.

Not sure what kit you would get though. Give 'em a call I would say.

The-Dullahan
07-06-10, 12:00 AM
Sting only likes that site for the Orange Mustang...

Stingroo
07-06-10, 12:02 AM
Nah. I want to do an HID conversion myself. My headlights are stupidly dim, it borders on unsafe.

The-Dullahan
07-06-10, 12:08 AM
it borders on unsafe.

I don't know, I've been known to drive down a one-way road at night, in the wrong direction, with no streetlamps and all without my headlamps on, but that was just the one time and it was for a very noble cause.