: D3 two sided threaded rods..a question?

wfo
07-03-10, 01:44 PM
Wed last week 6/30 I get a UPS notification email with a tracking number. Message reads, "shipper: D3 Engineering/delivery date 7/2" .

I haven't a clue what D3 is sending me? :helpless:

I'll call Monday of course to find out what these "4 two sided rods about 4" in plastice package marked rear" are. No paperwork, nada, nothing enclosed.

I'm thinking something for the lowering springs. :banghead:

Does anyone know? Have they discovered a way to reduce spring squeak? or is this a mishipped package...just though I would get a quick guess from one of you V gurus as to what it might be. :annoyed:

Gary Wells
07-03-10, 02:13 PM
Tuesday, maybe?
J/K, WFO. Maybe to eliminate the bottoming out sensation with the lowering springs that some people have experienced when driving in touring mode.

thebigjimsho
07-03-10, 02:28 PM
If I had D3 springs(in which I can never make up my mind if the car rides nicely or not), I would think they are the ride height rods...

The Tony Show
07-03-10, 02:30 PM
Thanks to some feedback from the forum here, D3 developed a set of adjustable rods for the ride height sensors to use with their lowering springs. The original reason was to possibly eliminate confusion in the MRC system caused by a new neutral height, but I think it would be a good idea to put them on even if you aren't having problems.

Sounds like they're shipping them to everyone who bought their springs, even if you didn't request them.

wfo
07-03-10, 02:59 PM
Thanks, The Tony Show. Sounds like good logic.

As I mentioned I will confirm with D3 next week.

And yes, Gary Wells that ould be Tues.

Sure would be nice if D3 would have sent along something to give you clue. They get to market with a modification to enhance/improve make a mid stream design mod to correct conditons created by the mod and then apparently mysteriously send out the product without any notes as to how to apply the part. :want:

:rant2: I know D3 does good things for our V's. In this instance it would have been befitting of a pro company like D3 that works hard to seperate themselves with competiton to include the appropriate communique.

Thanks for the input my fellow V fanatics. :worship:

chopmeat
07-03-10, 03:10 PM
Yeah, last time I went to D3 they installed those and gave me the stock ones.
I guess it was for MR.
They also fixed the right front spring that was squeeking. The others are okay.

Ross Racing
07-03-10, 08:00 PM
Yes they are the ride height rods. Take the wheel off, pop off the stockers. I had to twist and pull the caps off the stock rods. It seemed they were pressed on, so I used a little adhesive in order to keep them secure and stuck as they are not threaded onto the the new rods..

GMX322V S/C
07-03-10, 08:59 PM
RR, you were one of the first to run the D3 springs. Did they every develop the dreaded squeaking?

Ross Racing
07-04-10, 12:34 PM
My springs have not had any abnormal noises or squeaking.

wfo
07-04-10, 03:56 PM
My springs have not had any abnormal noises or squeaking.

Wat made you decide it necessary to replace the OEM rods w/D3's?

Ross Racing
07-04-10, 11:05 PM
Simply because it was an addition to their product and included with new sales. I believe it wouldn't be a bad thing to do

nradcad
07-05-10, 05:01 PM
I've called D3 several times in attempt to get the rods sent my way. Still waiting for a call back (which they always say, "As soon as James gets back in, he'll call you.")

I just can't wait to fix this damn thing.

wfo
07-05-10, 05:32 PM
Thanks Ross Racing...good advice.