: Why isn't the 0% for 60 (now 72 month) CTS-V deal available in Canada?

sybersport
07-03-10, 12:18 PM
Different credit market, lower unit volume, regulatory restrictions perhaps... maybe those are a few of the reasons, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the official reason?

GM Canada is offering 0% for 60 month financing on certain vehicles, but not on the V.

They are charging 1.9% for the 2010 sedans, 3.9% for the 2011 coupes and 5.39% for the 2011 sedans

mugatu22
07-03-10, 04:50 PM
Because Canada has to pay for that free healthcare somehow...by taxing the crap out of you and charging interest whenever they can :stirpot:

j/k my wife is canadian so I hear about this all the time. Good luck w/your purchase.

garfin
07-04-10, 04:16 PM
Different credit market, lower unit volume, regulatory restrictions perhaps... maybe those are a few of the reasons, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the official reason?

GM Canada is offering 0% for 60 month financing on certain vehicles, but not on the V.

They are charging 1.9% for the 2010 sedans, 3.9% for the 2011 coupes and 5.39% for the 2011 sedans

GM Canada is a totally different corporate entity from GM in the U.S. and has danced to the beat of its own drum ever since I can remember - especially with respect to pricing.
I have asked many times and the official response I receive is along the lines that "pricing and incentives in Canada are dictated by prevalent market conditions." You can read whatever you want into that.

The fact remains that Canada is a distinctly different market than the U.S. and keep in mind, it's also much smaller. Think of Canada as being similar in size to the California market.

FWIW, there is approx. $7200 in incentives on the 2010-2011 Vs right now in Canada as well (delivered before Aug.31).

Best regards,

Elie

newcadman
07-04-10, 08:20 PM
All the the more reason to look south of the border. Better selection, better deals, better prices!!!
Despite Garfin's pronouncement regarding GM Canada, it is times like now with the exchange rate being where it is that it simply doesn't pay to buy brand new in Canada when you can get a V out of the States (with only a few thousand miles on it) and save yourself thousands of dollars in the process.
Do yourself a big favor and check it out for yourself.