: Attention Tuners..... In a bind

PhxTriode
07-03-10, 11:38 AM
I am in a bind!!

I purchased a 9.5 lower pulley, 160 stat, Handheld and heat exchanger for my 09 auto.

I can not get a hold of the company to send my tunes after sending the stock ones( I am sure we can all guess who). I only have access to a lift for this weekend and it is 1 1/2hrs away.

Are there any tuners out there that can create the tune I need for the SCT handheld the target is 560-570 rwhp

I will pay.

PM me

The Tony Show
07-03-10, 01:32 PM
Call Jesse (wait4me).

PhxTriode
07-03-10, 02:14 PM
Call Jesse (wait4me).

That is who has not sent what I purchased, called shop and cell several times.

mugatu22
07-03-10, 04:51 PM
Call Jesse (wait4me).

That is who has not sent what I purchased, called shop and cell several times.

Fail.

cbloveday
07-03-10, 05:41 PM
keep trying the cell throughout the day. I just tried to call his cell and went right to VM. You can also try jessebubb@yahoo.com and hanahbubb@yahoo.com (wife)

You may find it increasingly difficult to reach him during the July 4th holiday.

Good luck!

Moparman4444
07-03-10, 11:26 PM
I can email you the tune if you really need it on Tuesday

cbloveday
07-03-10, 11:36 PM
Aren't the tunes vin specific?

baabootoo
07-03-10, 11:43 PM
Can't you just wait to do it until you get a hold of him?

qictrk
07-04-10, 12:09 AM
It is Vin specific, so your best bet is to wait till after the holiday. He probably took off for a few days. Cecil............

PhxTriode
07-04-10, 01:01 AM
Can't you just wait to do it until you get a hold of him?

Read above about lift constraints with time.

PhxTriode
07-04-10, 01:09 AM
keep trying the cell throughout the day. I just tried to call his cell and went right to VM. You can also try jessebubb@yahoo.com and hanahbubb@yahoo.com (wife)

You may find it increasingly difficult to reach him during the July 4th holiday.

Good luck!

Tried both those avenues as well.

New challenge is ballancer puller, the six I have do not work.

So I will be with out my V running for a few days and stuck driving the Charger until I get the tunes and the puller.

I'm sure my family will be happy that I am not in the shop all weekend.

Thank you for your help

cbloveday
07-04-10, 03:28 AM
Tried both those avenues as well.

New challenge is ballancer puller, the six I have do not work.

So I will be with out my V running for a few days and stuck driving the Charger until I get the tunes and the puller.
I'm sure my family will be happy that I am not in the shop all weekend.

Thank you for your help

Stuck driving the charger huh? Wish I had such a problem.

All kidding aside, I understand your frustration.

Hope you get this resolved and are back on the road soon.

musclesbmf
07-04-10, 10:55 AM
Dude...
install the parts and be done with it. Just don't drive the car hard and there will be no issue.

Mark

Gary Wells
07-04-10, 11:34 AM
If push comes to shove, you might want to consider talking to Mark (user name "PSRMark") at PSR there in Phoenix. I know that Mark, formerly of D3 Cadillac in Signal Hill, Ca., and now at PSR has done a lot of these cars.
HTH

neuronbob
07-04-10, 12:20 PM
Agree with muscles. If this is the only time you can get on the lift, then do it and don't drive hard.

Jesse obviously took a little time off for the holiday. Would try again next week. I called the office Friday and no one answered, so I figured I'd try again Tuesday.

PhxTriode
07-04-10, 12:49 PM
Dude...
install the parts and be done with it. Just don't drive the car hard and there will be no issue.

Mark

I have started installing and will just drive my other car. The new challenge is the correct ballancer puller car is apart as I write this.

I should also state this is not a bashing on Jesse, this just didn't work well with my timeline.

On another note if anyone has a part number for the proper LSA ballancer puller it would be a huge help. All six 3 jaw pullers I have used have not worked.

Although this has been a challenge I have been able to know my car better and future mods will go much smoother.

Thanks for all the replies

PSRmark
07-04-10, 05:31 PM
Autozone rents a small 3 jaw puller that has worked well for me in the past. It's the smallest one that they stock. It is however pretty much done after about 20-30 uses. How about an installer? I have both tools if you would like to borrow them.

PhxTriode
07-04-10, 06:35 PM
Autozone rents a small 3 jaw puller that has worked well for me in the past. It's the smallest one that they stock. It is however pretty much done after about 20-30 uses. How about an installer? I have both tools if you would like to borrow them.

I am in a fairly remote area at my dads shop and auto zone here only had one the was too large. Does the one you have require the radiator be pulled? Or if you have the part number of the one you have it would be great.

I made the installer so I am good.

Thanks

PSRmark
07-04-10, 11:37 PM
I am in a fairly remote area at my dads shop and auto zone here only had one the was too large. Does the one you have require the radiator be pulled? Or if you have the part number of the one you have it would be great.

I made the installer so I am good.

Thanks

I am unsure of the part number but it is really small. It does require pulling the fans but not the radiator. As far as the installer...I made mine too. I went to true value and purchased metric threaded rod of the same size as the crank bolt, I then cut it to the length I wanted and stacked some heavy duty washers with a nut behind it and it worked great.

wait4me
07-05-10, 10:35 AM
Sorry, on saturdays i usually dont answer the phone because im working on a big caddy build for a customer and they get 100% of my attention so things go perfect while they are there.

Also i need to get done in a day so i dont have the spare time to talk or do other things until the customers car is finished and he is on his drive back home.

The car will run just fine with your mods just dont beat on it. Ill have your tunes made up in about an hour.

You sent the tune request at 2pm on saturday, It is line for today.

Thanks Jes

wait4me
07-05-10, 10:36 AM
You might want to watch my install video on youtube for the stuff, it will show you what you need.

PhxTriode
07-05-10, 04:33 PM
You might want to watch my install video on youtube for the stuff, it will show you what you need.

I did indeed watch the video, helped some but the key was autozone chrysler balancer puller (part# will be listed shortly). It worked when all the ones I have that looked like the one in the video didn't. The new balancer went on like a dream with the tool I made and the A/C belt also went on as described in the video.

Also I sent the stock tunes to Hannah's email on friday afternoon. Possibly after you closed for the day.

I am also still waiting for the new tunes as of 1:30pm PST.

Before the new pulley I had never herd the rattle, I assume with it spinning a little faster at idle I can now hear it. An isolator is next on the list then.

Gary Wells
07-05-10, 04:43 PM
Mod installation & s/c isolator outage may not be related at all. Mine went out at 1230 miles on a bone stock car.

PhxTriode
07-05-10, 07:50 PM
Mod installation & s/c isolator outage may not be related at all. Mine went out at 1230 miles on a bone stock car.

Wow, that soon.

It would be an excuse to have the snout ported, wife would never know. Hmmm

PhxTriode
07-05-10, 07:51 PM
That part number for the balancer puller by the way is OEM#27139

PSRmark
07-05-10, 10:08 PM
That part number for the balancer puller by the way is OEM#27139

The one I have is OEM 25901

PhxTriode
07-06-10, 08:37 AM
Update.

Car is back together. I was forced to drive her home with the stock tune as I still have not received the modified ones.

On the 90 mile trip home she was well behaved cant even tell there was a thing done in terms of drivability. I had to stay of the boost so it was a great test for mellow freeway driving.

I hope wait4me does the right thing and sends me what I was promised yesterday without excuse.

Ketzer
07-06-10, 08:41 AM
Sorry you had a problem. Posting up what went wrong and how you worked through it is very good support for everyone else trying their hand at it. THANK YOU.

I have only known a few hot rod projects to go smoothly and I think they were flukes. Even the smallest, simplest mod can throw you a curve.:thepan:

Jeff-

PhxTriode
07-06-10, 10:02 AM
To help everyone out I am outlining a how-to on what I experienced that will be much more detailed than the video's.

You are right they never go smooth. My M5 had some quirks when I modded it. We did a ground up on a 55 big window that everything had to be modified to work. It is all part of the game.

On the plus side you get to know your car much better.

PhxTriode
07-06-10, 10:15 AM
Update.

Car is back together. I was forced to drive her home with the stock tune as I still have not received the modified ones.

On the 90 mile trip home she was well behaved cant even tell there was a thing done in terms of drivability. I had to stay of the boost so it was a great test for mellow freeway driving.

I hope wait4me does the right thing and sends me what I was promised yesterday without excuse.

***UPDATE****

Wait4me says he sent them last night. I didn't receive them possibly due to size (never had this problem) so I setup an FTP. Says 2 hours I will have them. I will let you all know.

musclesbmf
07-06-10, 02:33 PM
depending on your ISP, or if you use internet mail, soem do limit attachment size.

Mark

PhxTriode
07-06-10, 02:47 PM
depending on your ISP, or if you use internet mail, soem do limit attachment size.

Mark

I created an FTP with a 1gb size limit just to be sure.

PhxTriode
07-06-10, 07:05 PM
****UPDATE 2*****

Still no tunes and the phones go straight to VM.

euroconvert_ctsV
07-07-10, 12:30 AM
Keep us updated. I was thinking of having wait4me do a whole upgrade.

Probably just the holiday, and he over promised. You gotta expect someone will take a weekend off on the 4th....

Hope it works out soon...

PhxTriode
07-07-10, 12:49 AM
Keep us updated. I was thinking of having wait4me do a whole upgrade.

Probably just the holiday, and he over promised. You gotta expect someone will take a weekend off on the 4th....

Hope it works out soon...

I have heard great things if you take your V there. He is 1900 miles away from me so it was not an option and despite living in Phoenix I didn't find anyone local that I trusted. ( lots of chest pounding but no real applied knowledge of our cars )

Products from w4me were as ordered and no complaints there. I see huge potential in his business if he had some extra staff to help with his load. Although I personally will hesitate purchasing anything that will require an additional tune at this time as it seems to be the shortfall.

To have to drive the car for the past 2 days knowing all that boost is there but can't use it is a serious excersise in restraint albeit to protect my investment but rough all the same.

Good luck on which ever direction you go.

wait4me
07-07-10, 10:26 AM
I sent you the tunes already 3 times. Monday morning being the first as promised. I cant help it if your internet blocks them.. I just resent them to your NEW yahoo account as that is the service that seems to not block them. Check your mails.

CIWS
07-07-10, 10:58 AM
Approximately how big are the files ?

Tedboss1
07-07-10, 11:00 AM
Jesse has send me the tunes to my Hotmail account with out any problems.

lavaman
07-07-10, 11:10 AM
I have heard great things if you take your V there. He is 1900 miles away from me so it was not an option and despite living in Phoenix I didn't find anyone local that I trusted. ( lots of chest pounding but no real applied knowledge of our cars )

Products from w4me were as ordered and no complaints there. I see huge potential in his business if he had some extra staff to help with his load. Although I personally will hesitate purchasing anything that will require an additional tune at this time as it seems to be the shortfall.

To have to drive the car for the past 2 days knowing all that boost is there but can't use it is a serious excersise in restraint albeit to protect my investment but rough all the same.

Good luck on which ever direction you go.

Sorry you had to deal with this.

I can appreciate your frustration with this whole thing and while it's been challenging for you I have learned from your efforts... so for what it's worth, thanks for that!

I am contemplating purchasing a lower pulley kit from Jesse. If I follow through with it, I'll be sure to have tunes in hand prior to scheduling lift time at a shop.

cbloveday
07-07-10, 11:16 AM
Originally when 3 tunes were sent to my comcast account, they did not come through as the file size was limited. I simply requested Jesse send me three emails with a file attached to each. It worked out fine that way.

PhxTriode
07-07-10, 11:27 AM
I sent you the tunes already 3 times. Monday morning being the first as promised. I cant help it if your internet blocks them.. I just resent them to your NEW yahoo account as that is the service that seems to not block them. Check your mails.

Easy there Jesse, You had the yahoo account info 15 min after the FTP info.

Perhaps a heads up during the order process about this would be warranted. Or send the files in separate emails to reduce file size that is more compatible.

Just a thought.

BTW I received a "error 1009" after the check sum was done. Is this normal?

PhxTriode
07-07-10, 11:36 AM
Sorry you had to deal with this.

I can appreciate your frustration with this whole thing and while it's been challenging for you I have learned from your efforts... so for what it's worth, thanks for that!

I am contemplating purchasing a lower pulley kit from Jesse. If I follow through with it, I'll be sure to have tunes in hand prior to scheduling lift time at a shop.

I am working on a step by step written process on what I learned is the easiest way to get the lower pulley on (including balancer puller part #) and what to look for with clearance. I will post this and maybe we can get Jesse's feedback for any revisions he may find.

Vrocks
07-07-10, 12:24 PM
From my experience and from what I've read in this thread (and many others) I'd say working with Jesse is about as good as it gets.

His knowledge is second to none.
He's willing to anwser any questions you may have.
He's very fast given the fact that he doesn't have much help in the way of additional technicians / engineers.
He's honest.

If he sends you a tune or tunes and your email rejects them due to the file size, it's your fault for not knowing what the limit is - he's only sending them to where you asked him to.

CIWS
07-07-10, 01:06 PM
If he sends you a tune or tunes and your email rejects them due to the file size, it's your fault for not knowing what the limit is - he's only sending them to where you asked him to.

Without knowing the size of the file(s), how is someone supposed to know if there is a limit they're exceeding with their e-mail provider ? This number varies depending upon the provider.

So again the question becomes approximately how big are the files ?

PhxTriode
07-07-10, 04:11 PM
Without knowing the size of the file(s), how is someone supposed to know if there is a limit they're exceeding with their e-mail provider ? This number varies depending upon the provider.

So again the question becomes approximately how big are the files ?

There are 3 and they total over 20mb now that I have them.

PhxTriode
07-07-10, 04:21 PM
*****UPDATE 3****

Received tunes they total over 20mb (for those wondering), had issue with loading them to the car (handheld throwing codes) and from Jesse's suggestion I called SCT and they walked me through getting around my issue. I have to say the SCT team stayed on the line until the Max tune was loaded and the car ran without codes before hanging up. Top notch service.

Only had a few full throttle launches to 100mph (100+deg.) or so but first impressions are FAST and smooth.

Can't wait until my drive home

neuronbob
07-07-10, 04:40 PM
Glad you got it sorted out. :thumbsup:

PhxTriode
07-07-10, 04:43 PM
Glad you got it sorted out. :thumbsup:

Thanks. It has been a process that I can now enjoy.

Gary Wells
07-07-10, 06:49 PM
Glad that you got everything straightened out.

CTSV4now
07-07-10, 07:20 PM
You promised a write up a few days ago, where is it?

Crap, I have to drive my Taurus until I get the update.

:stirpot:

PhxTriode
07-08-10, 10:09 AM
You promised a write up a few days ago, where is it?

Crap, I have to drive my Taurus until I get the update.

:stirpot:

Didn't get the tunes loaded until yesterday. I will try to post everything tomorrow. In all fairness it was 109F here yesterday and 90F on my way in so my seat of the pants will be based on these conditions. The max tune gives you sooooo much more part throttle torque which suits my 40 mile commute just fine. Full throttle seems soft at high RPM's but the heat doesn't help.

shade
07-08-10, 01:33 PM
Are you going to have it dynoed at some point - it may be good to know what AFR your getting...
Hit me up if you go some time I'd like to see - I'm also in PHX

PhxTriode
07-08-10, 01:37 PM
Are you going to have it dynoed at some point - it may be good to know what AFR your getting...
Hit me up if you go some time I'd like to see - I'm also in PHX

I am thinking of taking it to Goodspeed in Scottsdale. I will let you know

My problem is I work 7 days a week (hence the frantic rush to get it done over the holiday). Business never sleeps. :D

CIWS
07-08-10, 02:52 PM
Glad that you got everything straightened out.

:yeah:

There are not many e-mail providers who would allow a single file over 20MB in size as an attachment. Sounds like breaking them up is the way to go or possibly upload the "large" single file to a server and send a link to it for downloading through e-mail instead.

cbloveday
07-08-10, 05:04 PM
My File sizes

Vin File for Jesse to do his work
vin.sul =4,097 KB

Saved stock file
stock.lbu=4,096 KB

Tunes sent back TO ME that HAD TO BE BROKEN UP INTO SEPARATE EMAILS

Valet.CEF 4,097 KB
Mild.CEF 4,097 KB
Max.CEF 4,097 KB
Race.CEF 4,097 KB

I USE COMCAST FOR EMAIL

PhxTriode
07-08-10, 05:06 PM
My File sizes

Vin File for Jesse to do his work
vin.sul =4,097 KB

Saved stock file
stock.lbu=4,096 KB

Tunes sent back TO ME that HAD TO BE BROKEN UP INTO SEPARATE EMAILS

Valet.CEF 4,097 KB
Mild.CEF 4,097 KB
Max.CEF 4,097 KB
Race.CEF 4,097 KB

I USE COMCAST FOR EMAIL

You got 4 tunes? lucky...

cbloveday
07-08-10, 06:15 PM
Not really, one is just max performance calibrated for race gas or 100 unleaded, which is readily available 1 block from my office on the pump.
Rockett brand

I believe he changed the timing some.

PhxTriode
07-08-10, 06:33 PM
Not really, one is just max performance calibrated for race gas or 100 unleaded, which is readily available 1 block from my office on the pump.
Rockett brand

I believe he changed the timing some.

How is yours running with the Max tune in the heat and humidity?

If yours is an auto, do you notice that at 60mph and you tip into the throttle not to the point of downshifting a stumble or what I would equate to a carb'd motor that wasn't warmed up yet? Mine has done it since I bought it.

cbloveday
07-08-10, 06:42 PM
Runs great! Motor does not exhibit the stumbling condition you described.

Edit: Yes it is an auto