: '90 Coupe DeVille Interior restoration

fervent
07-03-10, 02:00 AM
Howdy,
I have a í90 Coupe DeVille, 2 door. I want to remove the interior door panels to install a layer of sound mat on the inside of the door sheet metal. I also want to do the rear panels and will finish the job by removing the carpet to layer the floor.
Question: how do I remove the arm rests? I can get the push pins loose around the panel, but I am not sure how to get the arm rest loose.
I have ordered a Chiltonís and Haynes, but they are a week or so off.
I thought I would ask the proís. I am grateful to listen to any tips.
I appreciate your time and patience.
Thanks

red_ghost
07-07-10, 04:52 PM
Howdy,
I have a í90 Coupe DeVille, 2 door. I want to remove the interior door panels to install a layer of sound mat on the inside of the door sheet metal. I also want to do the rear panels and will finish the job by removing the carpet to layer the floor.
Question: how do I remove the arm rests? I can get the push pins loose around the panel, but I am not sure how to get the arm rest loose.
I have ordered a Chiltonís and Haynes, but they are a week or so off.
I thought I would ask the proís. I am grateful to listen to any tips.
I appreciate your time and patience.
Thanks
there are a few screws inside of it. you have to remove the control panels first. then you can get at teh screws.

fervent
07-09-10, 12:35 AM
Thanks red ghost. I was not sure how to remove the control panels to get at the screws. I am still waiting on my repair manuals.
I did learn that you pop them out with a screw driver and can then access the screws.
Thank you for your post.
BTW, do you have any helpful tips on removing the front turn signals from the front bumper?
Thank you again.
I look forward to tinkering with this caddy. It was in good shape, with only 78K when I bought it a few weeks ago.
Gary