: Clutch FLuid Cap issue and P/N

ryand
07-02-10, 01:27 PM
Hi guys,

Went to top off my fluid in the clutch the other day....the accordan style gasket has swelled to 2-3 times the orginal size. Possibly due to cross contamanation of the fluid?? any one know the part number of the replacement seal? I plan to flush the system out as now the cap is not sealing and the fluid surely is drawing moisture in.

PISNUOFF
07-02-10, 05:38 PM
Looks like it only comes as an assembly with the master cylinder. $128 plus s&h from gmpartsdirect.com.

CancerJCC
07-02-10, 05:55 PM
Looks like it only comes as an assembly with the master cylinder. $128 plus s&h from gmpartsdirect.com.

I'd check with Luke before going that route though. Or rockauto. I hate the "ebay" shipping game they play.

nmaier2201
07-03-10, 08:15 PM
Call Luke he has gotten me a replacement with just the cap and the diaphram...BUT it's not the moisture that makes it swell. It's the clutch fluid.

Mine lasted a couple months and then it swelled right back up... the most important thing to make sure is that the plastic button at the bottom of that diaphram still sits well in there... or else, yeah, you'll have plenty of fluid contamination.

I don't remember how much it was... I want to say it was 40 bucks or less for the cap, including shipping.

..... well it was more than 20 and less than 40... how about that? :)

but yeah.. Luke can help you out.

PISNUOFF
07-04-10, 04:04 PM
Yeah, definitely call Luke after the holiday. I was by no means promoting gmpartsdirect over Luke. I usually just check there to get part numbers or to see what's available.