: anyone MARRYYLANNDD??????

abplilbrandon
07-02-10, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I have a blown head gasket and i am trying to get the repairs done as soon as possible. I am located in Baltimore Maryland. and i am trying to find a shop that would do the repair correctly for less than 3500 (I have one Place Telling me that price) and the dealer is around the same price maybe a little higher...Is anyone here from maryland and know of a place where they know how to work on the north star engine and will do it correctly????

jeffrsmith
07-02-10, 04:28 PM
You should contact Mike Lawson here on the forum, he does visiting mechanic work and can come to your house and do the repair. If I remember correctly, prices he has quoted in the past are well below $3500.

Submariner409
07-02-10, 04:36 PM
Mike is in Lexington, KY and he does charge for travel.........but he's good. Haven't seen his login for a while - maybe you could dig way back in the members lookup - it will take a few pages and hunting.........

As a far out chance, call Service at Fitzgerald Cadillac, right off Rt.50 in Annapolis. I've always gotten a fair shake from their service people.

jpix
07-03-10, 10:21 AM
Mike has mine now, I live in WVa. he picked it up and hauled it back to Lexington. Look him up on the forum.

abplilbrandon
07-03-10, 12:52 PM
jpix do you know of anyway i could contact him as it look like he has not been on since the beginning of june

jpix
07-03-10, 04:14 PM
jpix do you know of anyway i could contact him as it look like he has not been on since the beginning of june

Check your inbox. I sent the info....:)

trublu
07-09-10, 02:24 AM
jpix, I'm setting up to have my STS sent to Mike. Are you happy with his results?

jpix
07-10-10, 08:49 PM
jpix, I'm setting up to have my STS sent to Mike. Are you happy with his results?

It's still there, but happy with everything so far.

trublu
07-15-10, 02:07 PM
Hey jpix, how's your Caddy coming along? I haven't been able to get any feedback from anyone regarding the way their car is performing after a HG repair by Mike. Just trying to get an update!

jpix
07-17-10, 06:04 PM
Not finished yet. He is doing some other work on my car also. Brakes, lines, and shocks. I'll let you know in a week or so.

trublu
07-21-10, 03:06 AM
Cool, thanks!

trublu
08-04-10, 06:38 AM
jpix, get your wheels back yet?