: Billionaire Chevy Collection

EChas3
07-01-10, 08:26 PM
This is every Chevy convertible.. EVER! WHAT A COLLECTION !
Top this one
One Guy owns…Every Chevrolet convertible since 1912

Wow ! What do you suppose this collection is worth ?

This collection belongs to Dennis Albaugh in Ankeny , Iowa , just north of Des Moines .

The personal and private collection consists of 110 + Chevrolet convertibles...
All years from 1912 to 1975 and Corvette convertibles from 1953 to 1975.

That is a Chevy convertible from every year of manufacture EXCEPT 1939...
The reason? - Chevy didn't make a convertible in '39 -- and ended its convertible line in '75!

His 'boy toys' include his own 18 hole golf course, copied somewhat after Augusta National.
He is what you call a REAL Chevy guy, but his passion seems to be convertibles !

This billionaire made his fortune selling farm chemicals !

Rolex
07-01-10, 09:28 PM
:drool:

That's one of the most amazing private collections ever. Jay Leno can eat his heart out.

iowasevillests
07-01-10, 11:29 PM
Not only did he make his fortune selling farm chemicals(generic version of Roundup once Monsanto's patent expired) he recently(like last week) sold his company to a foreign firm for I think 1.4 or 1.8 billion, before that his estimated net worth was right around a billion. I lived outside of Des Moines and drove by his place occasionally, he sponsors several charity events every year and one of them normally includes a private tour of his garage and collection for around 1k if I remember right.

And my favorite part of that collection is he actually DRIVES THE CARS! They're not just garage queens that never moves, he tries to take them out and actually remembers that cars are designed to be driven.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-02-10, 01:00 AM
Wow, that's awesome! Do you think he'd let me borrow his 1966 Impala SS Convertible? :)

Rolex
07-02-10, 08:25 AM
And my favorite part of that collection is he actually DRIVES THE CARS! They're not just garage queens that never moves, he tries to take them out and actually remembers that cars are designed to be driven.

That's awesome. If I owned them I'd drive a different one every day. :cloud9:

codewize
07-08-10, 12:16 AM
Is there a link to the complete site?

EChas3
07-09-10, 12:07 AM
Is there a link to the complete site?

I wasn't given one; just one of those e-mails that circulates. Some determined Googling should bear fruit.

Anyone got the skills?

Stingroo
07-09-10, 12:24 AM
I'm on the case.

http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0409/068.html

Here's his story of how he made his monies.

Stingroo
07-09-10, 12:26 AM
I guess he does private viewings and events and such....

http://www.thealbaughclassic.com/