: NEED HELP taking off 1996 Fleetwood Water Pump

bruno2k
07-01-10, 06:32 PM
I feel stupid. I've got everything off except that last stud on the far right (the driver's side) next to the air pump and, looking at my manuals, I cannot figure out what to do next.

My mechanic said to put the nut back on the stud, along with an identical one, cinch them together tightly, and them wrenching on the inner nut, loosen the stud. That didn't work.

It looks like the base of the air pump fits over that last stud causing the water pump and the air pump to share that one bolt hold.

I am confused.

Incidentally, it is triple-black, I have every receipt and I drove it off the showroom floor.

ssstealth
07-01-10, 07:39 PM
Yes, that air pump must be loosened and moved out of the way to get the water pump off.

bruno2k
07-01-10, 07:46 PM
I just figured out the answer: you have to remove two spark plug wires to get at the last bolt of toward the middle of the car of the smog pump BRACKET. Once you remove that bolt then the bracket slips off and you need a LONG socket to get at the last stud holding on the water pump that has a nut cinched down on the water pump itself. Very simple, if there were instruction or a diagram or something. The manual just says, "REMOVE BRACKET!"

Thanks!